Welcome to Earth《欢迎来地球(2021)》第一季完整字幕中英文剧本

资源整理评论950阅读模式

第一集

第一季第一集中英文对照剧本

展开收缩

南太平洋 坦纳岛

埃里克·魏亨麦尔 探险家/登山家

无声的咆哮

大西洋中部某处

迪瓦·阿蒙博士 探险家/海洋生物学家

我真的感觉到了体内的声呐

杰弗里·约翰逊 火山学家

好了 别弄太多 一点就行

保重

墨西哥 圣胡安德拉维加

瑞典 厄兰湖

燕妮 今天冰面上出现了惊人的声音

你觉得它撑得住吗?

没问题的

意大利 多洛米蒂山

科里·理查兹 探险家/摄影师

米歇尔·安德烈 生物声学家

好了 我们来到第一个关口

我们下到另一边...

...然后准备就位...

...接着把袋子传过来

地表下250米

哪儿传来的声音?

是水壶发出来的 现在没有了

地表下460米

威尔 欢迎来到我们村 这是我们的荣幸

这就是亚苏尔山...

...向我们传递歌声

当它爆发时...

...回声沿着小溪流淌...

...我便能听到它的歌声

------------------------------------------

我要坦白一件事
I've got a confession to make.

我从没在湖里游过泳
I've never swum in a lake.

也没登过山
Never climbed a mountain.

我只去过一次山洞
I was in a cave once.

我从没在帐篷里睡过觉
And I've never slept in a tent.

但我现在开始觉得 我可能错过了很多
But I'm beginning to think that I might be missing something.

所以我与一些现代探险家结伴
So, I hooked up with some modern-day explorers

请他们带我去地球的末端
and I asked them to take me to the ends of the Earth.

而他们说 "我们还能去更远的地方呢"
And they said, "Oh, we can go further than that."

我51岁了 什么山都没爬过
So, I'm 51, and I haven't done any climbing whatsoever.

但我一直偷偷幻想着
And I've always had this secret fantasy

能登上珠峰
that I wanted to summit Everest.

我们应该差不多大
I think we're the same age, almost.

是的 我生日是9月25日
Yeah, I'm... September 25th.

不会吧 我是23日
Yeah, no, I'm the 23rd.

-真的吗 -是的
- Really? - Yeah.

我比你多两天的... 人生智慧
I have two days more of wisdom... in my life.

我还有机会吗 还是说这是年轻人的游戏
What are my chances? Or... is that like a young man's game?

不不 我觉得你完全可以
No, no, I think you could totally do it.

我2001年登上了珠峰
I climbed Everest in 2001.

我爬过世界各地美丽的山峰
I've gotten to climb some beautiful mountains around the world.

登上过各大洲的最高峰...
Been to the tallest mountain on every continent, so...

杰克逊 这座火山叫什么
So, Jackson, what's the name of the volcano?

-亚苏尔 -亚苏尔
- Yasur. - Yasur.

-亚苏尔 -是什么意思
- Yasur. - Yasur, what does that mean?

比我们更大的人
Someone bigger than us.

就像我们的上帝 更加宏大
It's like God to us. So, it's bigger.

所以我们可能正在前往一座即将喷发的火山
So, we could be driving up there right now to a volcano that's about to erupt.

没错
Right.

所以真的能看到沸腾的岩浆
So, we're actually gonna see boiling lava.

-是的 -很好
- Yeah. Yeah. - Okay.

-我们进入了火山灰原 -是的
- So, we are entering the ash fields? - Yes.

-所以植被消失了... -是的
- So what? Vegetation is ending and... - Yup.

火山灰扑过来了
Right, we're getting into the ash?

我能听到它敲打着挡风玻璃
And I can hear it hitting the windshield.

是啊
Yeah.

挺吓人的
This is scary.

我保证你应该能安然无恙
I almost guarantee you're gonna survive.

好吧
All right.

直面亚苏尔火山
Face-to-face with Mount Yasur.

世界上最活跃的火山之一
One of the most active volcanoes on Earth.

但还有另一个原因让埃里克认为
But there's another reason why Erik thinks

比起害怕 我会更感到好奇
I'll be more curious than scared.

首先 有史以来最响亮的声音来自火山
For one, the loudest sound ever recorded was made by a volcano.

但这座火山发出的巨响是完全无声的
But the loud sound that this volcano makes is completely silent.

我知道 我也不懂
Yeah, I know. I don't understand it either.

-你刚听到了吗 -什么
- Did you just hear it? - What?

-有什么声音吗 我错过了 -是的
- Oh, no, there was a sound? Oh, damn it. - Yeah.

它在山上一路回响
It echoed all the way across up there.

埃里克显然听到了声音 但是什么呢
Erik is clearly listening. But to what?

-我开始冒汗了 -是啊
- I'm officially sweating. - Yeah.

太惊人了吧
You gotta be kidding me.

-是吧 -是的
- Right? - Yeah.

你觉得这边上安全吗
Is the edge okay, you think?

你说呢
You tell me.

太不可思议了
That's crazy.

仿佛凝望着地狱之门
Like looking into the gates of Hell.

能听到像挤压物体 撞击墙壁的声音...
You can hear the sound like compressing, like hitting the walls...

-是的 -在下面回响 就像这样
- Yeah. - down there. Like that!

而且现在天有点暗了吧 所以...
And it's kinda dark right now, right, so it's...

-是的 -真的很耀眼
- Yeah. - It's really lit up.

你有时就会忘记埃里克完全失明了
You just kind of forget that Erik is completely blind.

毕竟他登上过珠峰
I mean, this a man who climbed Everest.

刚才还健步如飞地爬上了这座火山
Who just hiked this volcano without a single stumble.

他甚至能感受到来时沿途景色的变换
Who could even tell when the landscape changed on the drive over.

你就会忘记这事 直到他请你描述火山
You just kind of forget until he asks you to describe it to him.

它是什么颜色 橙色吗
And it's what colors, orange?

就像从地下喷射的橙色烟火
It's like orange fireworks shooting out of the ground.

看不见东西... 你会有什么情绪吗
Do you have any emotion around... not being able to see it?

这个...
You know...

我失明时 曾有段时间
when I went blind, there was a time where you sort of regret

产生了这样的悔恨...
and stuff like that, but...

但最终我明白了 我必须
eventually, I think I learned that you gotta sort of

向能看见光明的生活说再见
say goodbye to that sighted life.

并开启新的人生
And kinda take on a new life and, you know,

我的一部分死去了 一部分又重生了
part of you dies, a part of you is reborn.

闭上眼 你听到了什么
Close your eyes. What do you hear?

真的很像波涛汹涌的大海
So, it's really similar to the ocean. It's like waves crashing.

-潮起又潮落... -是的 没错
- Comes in and goes out and... - Yeah. Totally.

亚苏尔山有这样一个声音频谱
On Yasur, there's such a spectrum of sound.

你能有意识地听到这些声音
There's this sound that you can consciously hear.

但我开始感受到更深层的声音
But I'm beginning to feel this deeper sound.

你并不能听到它
You can't quite hear it.

但你就是知道它在你脚下响着
But you kind of just know it's happening beneath you.

并非只有我和埃里克在寻找隐藏的声音世界
Erik and I aren't the only ones looking for a hidden world of sound.

一批不寻常的探险家正前往地球尽头
There's a new breed of explorers going to the ends of the Earth

试图寻找在我们感官之外的
in an attempt to discover the hidden worlds

隐秘世界
that sit beyond our senses.

他们中一些人深入到了我想都不敢想的地方
And some of them are taking it way, way further than I would ever dare.

迪瓦·阿蒙近距离研究地球上最响亮的动物
Diva Amon studies the loudest animal on the planet up close.

但要接近它 需要一些相当特殊的技能
But getting that near requires some pretty special skills.

想听到海洋的声音
When you want to listen to the sounds of the ocean,

就得自由潜水
you have to free dive.

没有氧气罐 就安静得多
Without any oxygen tanks, it's so much quieter.

你也不会呼出很多气泡
And you don't exhale loads of bubbles,

吓跑动物们
which can scare the animals off.

但你只能在水下待一口气的时间
But you can only stay under for as long as you can hold one breath.

你通常不会觉得咔哒声很吵
You don't normally think of clicks as noisy.

但这些动物的叫声比电锯还大
These ones, they're louder than a chainsaw.

这就是抹香鲸的有趣之处
That's what makes sperm whales so interesting.

这是它们说话的方式
It's their way of talking.

每个咔哒声都包含整段信息
And each click contains whole paragraphs of information.

这声音如此响亮
The clicks are so loud

能在海洋中传递几百公里
that they can carry across hundreds of miles of ocean.

它们还能用叫声进行回声定位...
They can also use their clicks to echolocate...

或扫描陌生物体
or to scan unknown objects.

比如我
Like me.

这声音如此有力...
The noise is so powerful...

你能感到它在你体内跳动
you can feel it pulse right through you.

天啊 太惊人了 我真的感觉到了
Oh, my God, it was amazing! I actually felt that!

你感觉到了吗
Could you feel them?

太不可思议了
Crazy!

你不但能用耳朵听到这些声音
You don't just pick up sound with these.

还能感受到
You can also pick it up here.

但如果想体验声音穿过身体
But if I'm going to experience sound through my body,

就得让身体更靠近声音
then I'm gonna have to get my body closer to the sound.

也就是说要从火山边缘上走进去
And that means stepping off the rim of this volcano and going in.

-你好 -你好吗 哥们
- Hello. - What's up, man?

-不错 很高兴见到你 -我也是
- I'm good. Real nice to meet you. - All right, pleasure, man.

欢迎来到亚苏尔山 你好 埃里克
Welcome to Yasur. Hey, Erik.

-你好吗 -我很好
- How're you doing? - Awesome.

-你怎么样 -不错
- How are you? - Cool.

你应该是我认识的第一个火山学家
I think you're my first volcanologist.

非常好
All right, cool.

你以前来过活火山吗
So... have you ever been to an active volcano before?

没有
I have not.

我们今天就要下到火山口去
Later on today, we're gonna be descending into the crater

你们帮我一起安装些探测器
and then I'm gonna have you help me install some sensors.

要不我画一个... 示意图
Thought maybe I would draw this... an illustration.

用棍子在地上画
Using a stick in the ash.

能用这根手杖吗 让我也能感觉到
Mind using this pole, so that I can feel?

好 没问题...
Yeah, love to do that...

太好了 我能感觉到了
All right, now I'll be able to feel you.

很好 好的...
Great, so, right...

这个火山口很大
Well, this is a big crater,

我在画它边缘的弧线
and I'm drawing an arc of the crater rim,

直径大概有三百米
which is about a 300-meter or a 1,000-foot diameter crater.

我们一会儿要
And what we'll be doing later is descending

用三根独立的绳索爬下去
via three independent rope systems down into the crater,

但不是爬到底
but not all the way down.

而是一个安装仪器的最佳位置
So that we can get down to an ideal location to install this apparatus.

这下面就有一块平地
In fact, there's a bench right down here, a flat area,

很适合安装探测器
that I think is ideal for the installation of the sensors.

所以... 有什么潜在危险吗
So what... what are the potential dangers?

最要小心的是 别让火山灰
The thing I am most careful about is making sure none of this ash

-吹进你眼睛里 -懂了
- gets blown into your eyes. - Got it.

-就像碎玻璃 -玻璃
- It's little pieces of glass, right? - Glass.

可能会重伤你的眼睛
Could really hurt your eyes.

所以要随时准备好护目镜和防毒面具
So, goggles, gas mask always at the ready.

你是个职业的火山学家
So, you're... you're a volcanologist by trade.

所以你下去火山口完全没问题
So you feel comfortable going in there,

你也会带学生什么的下去 对吧
and you'd take your students or anything in there, right?

对 我会带你下去
Yeah, I would take you in there.

-我没回答你第一个问题 -是的
- I didn't answer that question. - I know, yeah, right.

天啊
Oh, man.

这听着像一个烂梗的开头
It sounds like the beginning of a really bad joke.

令人咋舌
It's like, okay, okay.

一个说唱歌手 一个盲人和一个火山学家
A rapper, a blind man, and a volcanologist

要绳降进入火山
rappel down into a volcano.

但我们就是要这么做 帮杰弗里录下
But that's what we're gonna do. Help Jeff record the mystery sounds

这座火山发出的神秘声音
this volcano is making.

我们见过好几次
I saw you a couple of times,

你会打响指或者发出一些声音
and you'll, like, snap your fingers or make a sound.

是的 你打响指 我就敲敲我的手杖
Yeah, snap your fingers, I'll tap my cane,

有时 有些人也会打响舌
or sometimes, some people do a click.

声音越尖越好
It's like... really like, the sharper the better.

-那你是在... 回声定位 -是的
- And you're... you're echolocating? - Yeah.

-而且这个有用 -是的
- And that works? - Yeah.

在我上高一的前一周 我完全失明了
I went totally blind about a week before my freshman year in high school.

我小时候被诊断出患有一种极其罕见的眼疾
I'd been diagnosed with this incredibly rare eye disease

叫"青少年视网膜劈裂症"
called "juvenile retinoschisis" as a young boy.

在整个小学和初中阶段
And throughout elementary school and middle school,

我眼睁睁看着世界逐渐消失
I just watched the world shrink away.

我痛苦挣扎了一段时间
I struggled for a while,

想着我要被边缘化了
thinking without sight I would be stuck on the sidelines of things.

但听觉的美妙之处在于
But the beauty of hearing is

你能听到眼睛看不见的东西
that you can hear things that no eye could see.

你不但能听见眼前的 还能听见身后的事物
You can hear behind you, just as well as in front of you.

所以我能用耳朵看见无数的
So, yeah, there's all kinds of things that I can see with my ears

你们用眼睛看不见的东西
that you may not be able to see with your eyes.

我猜 这些岩石
These rocks, I'm assuming,

是从火山喷发出来 落在这里的
were fired out of the volcano and landed here.

是的 这是火山弹的好例子
Yeah. This is a beautiful example of a spatter bomb.

-天哪 -而且你知道它为什么是平的吧
- Jeez. - And, you know why it's flat, right?

-几乎是平的 -因为... 它可能有延展性
- Flattish. - Oh, because... So it was probably malleable.

撞击地面时就压扁了
And then it hit and squashed down?

没错
That's right.

我猜这就是现在在我们头顶上喷发的东西
I'm guessing that's what's shooting above us right now?

是的 岩浆喷出的时候
Yeah, so, this is not a good place to be right now,

此地不宜久留
when there's elevated activity.

这次好像很猛烈
That seemed like a big one.

那些火山弹很巨大
Those spatter bombs are huge.

-它喷射了多高 -比我们头顶还高
- How high did that one go? - Above our heads.

是的
Yeah.

可能造成极罕见的灾难性伤害的是
The very rare potential for catastrophic harm

从火山口竖直向上喷射的岩浆
is a direct ballistic that goes from the vents straight shot up.

-是的 -如果你站在边上俯身...
- Yeah. - And if you're leaning over the edge...

俯身... 明白 是的
Leaning over... Got it. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

-那将会非常危险 -肯定的
- that would be potentially really bad. - Absolutely.

岩浆竖直喷射是毫无预警的
You don't have any warning when it's a straight shot.

我们被告知 听到火山的声音时
We were told that when you hear the sound of the volcano

要立即转身 留心盯着那些火山弹
to immediately turn and take your eyes to the spatter bombs

因为喷上去的是岩浆 落下来就是巨石了
because they go up as lava but they come down as massive rocks.

而我在想... 那埃里克怎么办
And I'm thinking... Well, what about Erik?

有视力的人
With a sighted person,

看到物体运动时 视皮层会亮起来
their visual cortex lights up when they're seeing motion.

而我是听到运动时 视皮层会亮
For me, my visual cortex lights up when I'm hearing motion.

我在脑海中构造画面 我仍能看到
I create a picture in my mind. So I still see,

但都是基于声音的想象
but it's all based on sound.

有种办法能让我们都看见声音
There is a way that we can all see sound.

但不适合胆小鬼
But it's not for the fainthearted.

走吧
Vámonos.

两颗行星在撞击时都变成了熔岩
Both planets became molten on impact.

碎片散落到太空中...
Debris thrown out into space...

好 再见
Sí, adios.

每年二月 圣胡安德拉维加的居民们
Every February, the townspeople of San Juan de la Vega

会庆祝世界上最奇特的节日之一[爆炸锤节]
take part in what has to be one of the world's most bizarre festivals.

看起来似乎非常危险
It might seem crazy dangerous,

确实如此
and it is.

这些剧烈爆炸证明了声音的某些关键特征
These violent explosions demonstrate something crucial about sound.

解释了为什么即使你听不见声音
Something that explains why you can feel it

也依然能感觉到它
even if you can't hear it.

因为它能撼动物体
It can move stuff.

声音不仅是通过空气传播
Sound doesn't just travel through the air.

还能引起空气的运动
It causes movement of the air.

这些无形的力甚至能使耳膜破裂
These invisible forces can even burst an eardrum.

因为声音是一种运动
Because sound is movement.

这就是埃里克在火山上所感受到的
That is what Erik is feeling on our volcano.

而在火山口下 我也可能会感受到
And down in the crater, it's just possible that I'll feel it too.

我们要戴头盔 因为火山会喷出岩石什么的
And we need the helmet because the volcano spits rocks and stuff,

它们飞到空中再落下
and the rocks go up in the air, and then they come down.

可能会砸到你头上
And they hit you in your head.

虽然说得好像如果有巨石砸来
As if this helmet's gonna do something...

这头盔能顶用似的
...for one of these big-ass rocks.

你可能想问我们为什么要进去
You know, you might ask why we're going inside.

因为我们要记录最高质量的声音信号
The answer is that we're getting the highest quality signals possible

站在火山口边缘上是做不到的
if we go in the crater as opposed to up on the rim here.

这真的很热
For real, that's hot.

当我们真的要爬下去时
Now that we're actually about to go down there,

我不禁想起 前几天在新西兰
I can't stop thinking, a few days ago without warning,

一场突然的火山喷发导致22人死亡
a volcano erupted in New Zealand killing 22 people.

这座火山是否也会发生同样的事
Now, does that volcano erupting mean anything about this one?

有遗言吗
Any last words?

这是我的英雄姿势
Yeah, this is my action hero pose.

不错
Yeah.

-埃里克 准备好了吗 -好了
- Erik, you ready? - Yes, I'm in.

-威尔 你呢 -准备好了
- Will, ready? - Yes, sir.

我可能是疯了
I may have lost my mind.

这儿有热气 毒气 玻璃 灰尘
There's crazy heat, toxic gas, glass, ash.

见鬼了 甚至浓烟都张牙舞爪的
Hell, even the smoke is out to get you.

好了 开始绳降
All right, on rappel.

-好的 我们慢慢下去 -来吧
- All right, on rappel, guys. - Let's do it.

你以前从没试过吧
You've never done this before, huh?

没玩过真的
Not for real.

这下是来真的了
This is for real.

岩浆要溅出来了
Hey, that's coming up over the rim.

是啊
Yeah.

我们赶紧装完仪器
Let's do the science quick.

天啊
Oh, my God!

真多啊
Oh, that's immense.

天啊 这是最剧烈的一次了
Oh, my God! All right, that's the biggest one yet.

-你感觉到了 -当然
- You feel that? - Hell, yeah.

各位 我们尽快把阵列摆好吧
Guys, let's get this array out as quickly as possible.

如果听到巨大爆炸声 盯紧火山口
If we hear a big explosion, eyes towards the crater...

我们要尽可能小心
and let's walk that out as carefully as you can.

威尔 你感觉到它穿过身体了吗
Will, did you feel that through your body?

-是的 难以想象 -是啊
- Yeah, that's crazy. - Yeah.

就好像...
It's like a...

听到声音前先感觉到振动
I felt the vibration before the sound.

对 就像冲击波
Right, it's like a shock wave

-在你听到前就击中了你 -正是如此
- that hits you before you hear it. - A shock wave before you... Yeah.

威尔 你开始理解我的感受了吗
Will, are you starting to understand what I'm feeling?

我懂了
I get it.

刚才那一下
The last one that went,

我耳膜晃动了 但我没听见任何声音
my eardrum wobbled, but I didn't hear a sound.

-但我感觉到它的压力 -是的
- But I felt the pressure of the wobble. - Oh, yeah.

我一直都能感觉到这种震动
Yeah, I feel that wobble like all the time. I don't know.

-你现在也感觉到了吗 -是的
- Do you feel that wobble right now? - Yeah. Yeah, I feel it right now.

埃里克 我听不见你描述的这种震动
Erik, I can't hear that wobble that you're discussing right now.

我可能不够敏感
I'm just not sensitive to it.

-但我相信你 -好的
- But I believe you. - Yeah.

因为这台仪器能感应到
Because this is what the device is telling us.

-好的 -我们打开它...
- Right. - And when we turn it up...

这是从你感知到的震动中产生的
...this is generating audible tones from that wobble

可听见的音调
that you're perceiving.

如果真能听到 就好像你拿着钻头
If you could hear this, it would be like you were next to a jackhammer.

-是的 -根本没法与别人交谈
- Right, right. - And you would not be able to have a conversation.

-我们现在听到的是次声波 -这样
- What you're hearing is infrasound. - Right.

说到低音 次声波可远不止如此
Talk about low. Infrasound is bass and then some.

所以如果感觉到了 你最好当心
So, when you feel it, you better pay attention.

你说什么 我们得走了
What did you say? Oh, we need to leave?

好的 我听到了
Okay, I heard you. I heard you.

次声波刚告诉你的
Infrasound just told you that?

它说我们得赶紧溜了
Infrasound said we need to get the hell out of here.

岩石 岩石
Rock! Rock! Rock! Rock!

埃里克 你还好吗
You all right, Erik?

我没事
Yeah.

太棒了
That's fantastic.

解读次声波有助于预测
Decoding the infrasound could help predict

像亚苏尔这样的火山何时会爆发
when volcanoes like Yasur will erupt.

但地面下可能还有其他声音
But there might be other messages coming from down there.

能传递关于这个世界的重要信息
Sounds that could tell us something crucial about our world.

在薄冰上 这些溜冰者只有仔细倾听
Out on thin ice, these skaters only stay safe

才能确保自己的安全
by listening really carefully.

极少数情况下 冰的活动有点像地壳
Extremely rarely, ice can behave a bit like the Earth's crust,

即使最轻微的噪音也可能放大成
amplifying even the slightest noise

古怪而意外之事
into something weird and unexpected.

正如火山爆发前的预兆
And just like the volcano might be signaling it's about to explode,

冰冻湖面的声音在警告我们它有多脆弱
the sounds from a frozen lake can warn us how weak the ice is.

声音越高 意味着冰面越薄
Higher sounds mean thinner ice.

制造这种声音没多难
It doesn't take much to make the sound,

一丁点儿的压力就够了
just the tiniest bit of pressure can do it.

声音在固体表面传播得更快 更远
Sound travels faster and much further through solid surfaces.

所以你现在知道 为什么在老式牛仔电影里
So, now you know why in old cowboy movies,

人们想听到远处的骑手时 会把耳朵贴在地上
folks put their ear to the ground when they wanted to hear distant riders.

一群探险家正在更深入地
That's the idea that one group of explorers

实践这个理论
are taking a little bit further.

但首先 他们得找个完全安静的地方
But first, they need to find somewhere with no sound at all.

想要去那儿并不容易
And it ain't easy to get to.

我们要去一个对人类来说
We are going to try to get to a place

完全无声的地方
where we get the absolute silence for human beings.

很好 拭目以待了
Okay, cool. I'm excited.

好的
Okay.

好了 我们下去吧
All right. Down we go.

-给 -非常感谢
- Get this. - Thank you so much.

还要吗 我给你倒
Do you want some more? I can fill.

好的 谢谢
Sure, thank you.

我们在这体验到的现象是
The phenomenon that we experience here is that

大脑不想让我们体会寂静
our brain doesn't want us to experience the silence.

但如果你留心
But if you pay attention,

如果我们保持安静 就仍能听见
if we... if we keep silence, then we still hear

滴水声
the water dropping.

-好的 -试试吧
- Okay. - Just... Just try it.

这可能是我们将听到的最后的声音
This is probably the last sound that we're gonna hear now.

直到我们到达目的地
Until we get to the place

希望在那能找到绝对的寂静
where we hope to find the virtual silence.

好的 那我们接着走
Okay. So, we keep going now?

-去更深的地方 -没错 继续深入
- Just deeper. All right. - Yes. Yeah. Going deeper.

我们好像... 找到了
It looks like we... we found it.

各位 我们试着安静一会儿
Hey, guys, let's try to be quiet for a minute

看它是否真的是我们感知到的...
to see it's really something that we've perceived, the...

对寂静的探寻
these quests of the silence,

然后我们再借助科技的力量
and then we can maybe deploy the technology.

完全没有声音
There's nothing. There's nothing.

这可能是我人生中第一次听到...
I think that's the first time in my life I've ever heard...

-万籁俱寂 -是的
- Nothing. - Nothing.

真的没有一丝声响
Naturally nothing.

-是的 -没错
- Yeah. - Yeah.

非常令人惊叹
Yeah, nice and pretty amazing.

-感觉很沉重 -是的 完全没错
- It's heavy. - It's heavy, yeah, totally.

就像... 这是种很沉重的感觉
It's like... It's a heavy sensation.

是的 这台仪器将记录下...
Yeah. So, this instrument what they will do...

我们现在听不到的那些声音
is to record whatever we cannot hear now.

如果你想听到很轻很轻的声音
If you want to hear something really quiet,

比你的呼吸和心跳还轻
quieter than your breathing, quieter than your heart beating,

那你要么停止呼吸和心跳
then you either have to stop those things

要么离得远远的
or get the hell out of the way.

这样你才有可能听到
That way, you might just have a chance of hearing something

从没人听到过的声音
no one's ever heard before.

来自大山深处的声音
Sounds from deep within the mountains.

实际上 人们认为这是
It's actually thought to be the sound

月球引力牵动山脉的声音
of the moon's gravity dragging the mountains.

月球牵动海水 形成潮汐
The moon pulls on the sea to create tides.

原来 它对地面也有相同的作用
It turns out, it does the same to the land.

而且不只是山脉在移动
And it's not just the mountains that are moving.

想象下 如果你能把纽约市的声音层层剥开
Imagine you could peel away the sounds of New York City, one by one.

最终 如果足够安静
Eventually, if you get quiet enough,

你也许就能发现与在多洛米蒂山记录的
you just might find those same deep, primal rhythms

同样的深沉而原始的节奏
recorded in the Dolomites.

因为月球也在牵动城市
Because the moon moves cities too.

纽约市每天升降两次
New York rises and falls up to 14 inches

幅度可达36厘米
twice a day, every day.

钢筋水泥的无形波浪
An invisible wave of concrete and steel.

它们被称为"地球潮汐"
They're called Earth tides.

从火山下来后
Coming down from the volcano,

杰克逊带我们去他的村落参加庆典
Jackson takes us to his village to celebrate.

我意识到 我聆听世间万物的方式变了
And I realize I am listening to everything differently.

我听到不同层次的声音
The layers of sound.

我能感觉到自己的听觉更灵敏了
I could feel my hearing turn up.

我进入了一整个声音的世界
I was tuned into a... whole world of sound

即使作为歌手 我也未曾领略过
that even as a musician had been hidden from me.

我非常自豪 能让威尔
I feel pretty proud that I was able to give Will

对我的经历有了一点了解
a little glimpse into my experience.

不仅是惊叹于世上看得见的万物
To not just be wowed by all the visual things in the world,

而是真正能听到隐秘的
but to actually be able to hear subtleties

美丽的和狂暴的东西
and beautiful things and violent things.

视觉不过是现实的一角
Sight is just a sliver of reality.

所以 在某种程度上
And so, in a way,

也许我正在帮助他体验生活的全貌
maybe I'm helping him to really experience the full spectrum of living.

真美
That's beautiful.

它正在歌唱
He's singing up there.

这支舞蹈象征着村民
This dance symbolizes the villagers' relationship

与火山声音的纽带
with the sounds of the volcano,

仿佛与大自然的原始力量水乳交融
like harmonizing with the primal forces of nature.

所以这些舞蹈都是关于火山的
So, all of these dances and everything are about the volcano?

没错 描述了岩浆在火山里融化 沸腾...
Yes. Exactly how the lava is melting inside, like, boiling...

所以你有时能听到这种声音
So that's why... Sometimes you can hear it like this.

这支舞蹈反映了火山的声音
The dance mirrors the sounds of the volcano.

拍手就是爆炸声
The claps are the explosions.

跺脚是次声波
The stomps are infrasound.

整支舞蹈都在赞颂
The whole thing celebrates the sounds

每天穿过他们身体的那些声音
that pass through their bodies every single day.

要我加入吗 好的 来吧
You want me to go? All right, let's go.

大家都动起来 跳起来吧
Everybody up. Let's get it.

太惊人了
Yo, that's crazy.

地面就像低音鼓
It's like the ground is a bass drum.

跳得好 就是这样 埃里克
There you go, man. That's it, Erik.

地球上所有事物都在发出声音
Everything on Earth is making a sound.

无一例外
Each and every thing.

也许我们不总能听到地球之歌
It's a song we might not always be able to hear,

但我们能学会去感受它
but it's a song we can learn to feel.

收听地球的声音
Tune in to the Earth.

找寻它隐藏的音律
Pick up its hidden rhythm.

并学着随之舞动
And learn to dance along.

真棒
Yes!

我改变了我倾听的方式 学会用心聆听
I've changed how I listen, how to really listen,

但这只是开始
but that's just the beginning.

还有更多隐藏的世界等待我们去探索
There are more hidden worlds to explore.

绝对黑暗中存在色彩的陌生世界
Alien worlds where color exists in total darkness.

快看
Wow, look at that.

当无数生物聚集一处时
Where strange things start to happen

将发生奇妙的事
when millions of animals come together.

那里不存在静止
Where stillness doesn't exist

因为所有事物都在运动
because every single thing is moving.

这些是驱动地球演化的隐藏世界
These are the hidden worlds that drive our planet.

是挑战我们所知一切的全新领域
The new frontiers that challenge everything we thought we knew.

第二集

第一季第二集中英文对照剧本

展开收缩

迪瓦·阿蒙博士 探险家/海洋生物学家

下水前三分钟

巴哈马群岛

潜入黑暗

波多黎各

蚊子湾

梅丽莎·马克斯 海洋生物学家

水声...

巴西 伊瓜苏瀑布

科里·理查兹 探险家/摄影师

很美吧?

利迪奥·奥马尔·马丁内斯 瓜拉尼族首领

美国 威斯康星州

乔纳森·马丁 森林生态学家

乔治·斯坦梅茨 探险家/摄影师

斯洛文尼亚 喀斯特高原

亚历山大·格斯特 宇航员

-------------------------------------------------------------

小时候
When I was a kid,

我奶奶曾说 生活中最美好的东西
my grandmother used to say all the best things in life

都藏在恐惧的另一端
lived on the other side of fear.

真希望她是对的
I sure hope Gigi was right.

威尔 欢迎上船
Will, welcome aboard.

-迪瓦 你好吗 -我很好
- Diva! How are you? How are you? - I'm good!

你来的正是时候
You're just in time.

-这太棒了 -这是纳迪尔
- That is fantastic. - Yeah, this is the Nadir.

它将带我们潜入深海
And she's gonna be our vessel into the depths.

-"纳迪尔" -纳迪尔
- "The Nadir"? - Nadir.

你觉得怎样
What do you think?

简直是从科幻电影场景里出来的道具
That's straight off a movie set. That's science fiction.

我们要乘着它下到海底去
We're going down to the bottom of the ocean in this thing.

说实话 我有点紧张
I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little nervous,

因为这个潜水艇真的...
'cause that submersible is just a...

它就这么... 它就这么点儿大
it's just a little... it's a little ass... it's a little ass thing,

里面还要坐三个人
and there's gonna be three people in there.

这事很有挑战性...
This is tricky...

因为在现实中 我害怕水
because in the real world, I'm frightened of water.

小心头
Watch your head.

-这还有面墙 别撞到头了 -好的
- You have another wall. Watch your head. - Absolutely.

这事可不得了
So, this is a biggie.

坐着一个塑料泡泡下到一千米深的地方
Three thousand feet down in a plastic bubble.

-登上梯子 -好的
- Up the steps. - Up the steps.

面向潜水艇前方 坐这儿
Face the front of the sub, sit here.

-好的 -对准中控台
- Yeah. - You're aimin' for the center console.

它在电灯旁边 然后把脚伸下去
It's near the lamp. And pop your feet in.

威尔 就是这儿 滑下来
Right here, Will. Slide on in. Yeah!

-然后我扶你站到这儿 -好的
- And then I'll get you to stand on there. - Yeah.

就是这样
That's it.

然后坐在这张椅子上
And then you're gonna sit on that one.

没错
There you go.

挤进来
Squeeze on in.

水壶给你
There's a water bottle.

-好的 -还有些零食
- The water bottle. - And some more snacks.

-我把零食放下来啦 -这挺... 舒服的
- I'll put your snacks down. - This is... snug.

迪瓦也要进来了
Diva's next.

我来了
I'm coming.

她灵活得像只瞪羚
So, she's like a gazelle.

还是应该说是沙丁鱼 努力挤进罐头里
Or should it be a sardine, just squeezing into the can.

-她很熟练 -毕竟不是第一次了
- She knows what's she's doing. - Done this a bit.

好了 我要快速地给你们做个安全简报
All right, I'm gonna give you a quick safety brief.

你俩都有内置的呼吸系统
Both of you have a built-in breathing system.

需要时 这就是个标准的水肺装置
If you need to, it's just a standard scuba rig.

-如果我让... 是的 我让你们... -像这样
- If I let... Yeah, if I tell you to... - So, we go like that?

就把它放进嘴里 正常呼吸就行
just pop it in your mouth, then breathe normally.

好的
Okay.

如果我发生了意外 这下面有个按钮
And if something happens to me, there's a button under here.

-好的 -没问题吧
- Okay. - All right?

-黄色的 -黄色按钮
- Yellow. - Yellow button.

-黄色按钮 -就在这儿
- The yellow button. - Right there.

-按下按钮 然后... -天哪
- Press the tool, and... - Oh, Jesus.

我已经把它搞坏了 救命 抱歉
I've broken it already. Mayday, sorry.

按下按钮 告诉他们
Press the tool, and let them know,

-"X光 X光 X光" -好的
- "X-ray, X-ray, X-ray." - Okay.

还有问题吗
Okay, any questions?

你开潜水艇有撞到过什么东西吗
Have you ever crashed one of these things into something?

-有的 经常的事 -经常的事 好吧
- Oh, yeah. All the time. Oh, yeah. - All the time. Yeah, great.

你真的在紧张吗
Are you actually nervous?

-你真的紧张吗 -只有一点 我会没事的
- Are you actually nervous? - Just a little bit. It'll be fine, though.

请回复 这是纳迪尔 我们准备好下水了
Echo, Nadir, we are ready for the water.

已准备就绪
Ready for water.

一会儿见... 但愿还能再见
See y'all later... I hope.

有点激动
Little bit of tingle.

可以了
Here you go.

请回复 这是舰桥 可以发射了 可以发射了
Echo, bridge, you are clear to launch. Clear to launch.

收到 准备发射 所有位置已解除
Roger, clear to launch. Break. All positions are lifting now.

升起来了
And lift off.

准备了
Here we go.

我绝对是现在才开始紧张的
I definitely just got nervous.

如果你的脚湿了 请告诉我
If your feet get wet, please tell me.

那可就太糟糕了
That would be terrible! Man.

我们脱离母舰了
And we are detached.

不是情感上 情感上我仍非常不舍
Not emotionally. Emotionally, I'm still very attached.

控制台 控制台 这是纳迪尔
Control, control, Nadir.

通风口安全 生命维持系统运行 完毕
Vent secure, life support running. Over.

纳迪尔 控制台收到
Nadir, control. Roger.

已下潜至50米 下降中
Surpassing five-zero meters. Descending.

我最早的一些记忆其实是围绕着海洋的
Some of my earliest memories actually revolve around the ocean.

我们乘船出海 而我真的非常迫切
We'd be out on the boat, and I would desperately,

希望能知道海里有什么
absolutely desperately want to know what was down there.

但我不确定威尔是否也这么想
But I'm not sure Will feels that way.

我们头顶上的光圈正在缩小
The circle of light above us is shrinking.

是的
Yeah, absolutely.

海下1000米 3300英尺
One thousand meters, 3,300 feet.

如此之深 甚至连光线都无法到达
A place so deep, not even light gets down there.

但绝对的黑暗中会存在着什么呢
But what exists in total darkness?

回到海面上 我们队伍中其他成员
Back on the surface, other members of our team

也在问同样的问题
are asking the same question.

有很多人害怕黑暗
There are a lot of people who are afraid of the dark.

我就是其中一个
And I'm one of them.

我曾在夜里被一条美国鳄鱼咬伤并拖走
I got bitten and dragged by an American crocodile in the dark,

这让我有点心理阴影
and it's kinda made me a little bit wary.

但还不足以阻止她在夜里
But not wary enough to stop her canoeing at night

划着一条玻璃底的小船探险
in a glass-bottom boat.

作为探险家的一部分就是克服恐惧
Part of being an explorer is overcoming your fears,

当你做到了这点...
and when you do that...

就能见证魔法
that's when you get to see the magic.

看到生物了
We have life.

这片水域充满了微小的生物
This water is full of tiny creatures.

扰动它们 它们就会突然爆发出光亮
Disturb them, and they burst into sudden light.

划船经过它们 就会创造出光的风暴
You row through them, and you create a light storm.

我们认为这可能是种防御机制
We think it might be a defense.

就像打开安全灯 曝光入侵者一样
Like turning on a security light to reveal intruders.

快看
Oh, look at that.

水中的任何运动都会发出光芒 这些鱼也不例外
Any movement in the water picks up a glow, even these fish.

小鲨鱼 来呀
Here, sharky, sharky.

太好了 是护士鲨
Oh, yeah! That is a nurse shark.

太美了 看看它的尾巴摆动
That's gorgeous. Look at his tailbeats.

这个世界远非黑暗的
This world is far from dark.

这里繁星满天 星星在你的手指
Its constellations, its stars swirling underneath your fingers

和你的桨下旋转
and underneath your paddles.

这是我见过最美的画面
It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

这是个魔法世界 如果你躲在安全的白天
A magical world that you'd never experience

是绝不可能体验到的
if you stuck to the safety of the day.

我们下潜时 光线也逐渐变暗
So, we're losing light as we go down.

色彩也随之变化了
And with that, the colors.

没错 白光是由许多颜色组成的
Exactly, so, white light is made of lots of colors.

当它照射到水中时 不同颜色
And as it hits the water, different colors

被吸收的速度不同
get absorbed before others.

红橙黄绿蓝靛紫
ROYGBIV.

这是我奶奶教我的彩虹七色
That's how my grandmother taught me the rainbow. ROYGBIV.

红色 橙色 黄色
So, you know, red, orange, yellow,

绿色 蓝色 靛蓝色 紫色 所以
green, blue, indigo, violet. Got it. So,

-红色先被吸收 然后是橙色 黄色... -没错
- red goes, orange goes, yellow goes... - Exactly.

蓝光最后被吸收
So, it's like blue is the last to go,

这就是为什么海里的东西看着都是蓝色的
and that's why everything looks blue in the ocean.

看下你的衬衣
Check your shirt out.

不可思议
That's crazy.

我们选衣服时
We were picking wardrobe,

他们一直要我穿红衬衫
and they kept demanding the red shirt.

-他们一直这么要求... -你觉得是为什么
- They kept demanding... - What did you think it was for?

不知道 我想着"拜托 我想当探险家"
I didn't know, I was like, "I wanna be an explorer, man."

我们马上要进入纯蓝的世界了
We're gonna just be in a blue world soon.

然后...
And then...

然后...
And then...

-完全黑暗的世界 -是的
- A dark world. - Dark world.

我们才刚开始下潜
We've only just started,

海面照下来的光线就已经逐渐消失了
and already the light from the surface is fading.

但在迎接黑暗前 还有暮光区
But before the dark, there's twilight.

一个我们认为色彩很少的世界
A world we think of as having very little color.

随着夜幕降临 我们所知的世界完全消失
As night falls, the world as we know it totally disappears.

它在你周围瓦解了
It disintegrates around you.

我们的眼睛努力分辨四周环境
Our eyes struggle to make out our surroundings.

我能听到了
I can hear it.

能听到它越来越响了
I can hear it getting louder. Yeah.

-瀑布... -马上到了
- Garuga... - Garuga is coming.

有时 在满月期间 当天空晴朗时...
Sometimes, during a full moon, when the skies are clear...

雾中会出现一道幽灵般的光弧
a ghostly arc of light appears in the mist.

它就是月虹
It's a moonbow.

肉眼几乎看不见
It's nearly impossible to see.

它就像空中的一条灰色细线
It's like this thin, grey line in the air

在整个峡谷中延伸开来
that's stretching out over the entire gorge.

但如果有合适的相机和镜头
But with the right camera and the right lens,

你就能看见这条线的真面目
you can see the line for what it really is.

它是一道彩虹 但是由月光创造的
It's a rainbow, but it's created by the moonlight.

太完美了
This is perfect.

白光被空气中的水滴反射
The white light is bouncing off water droplets in the air,

就像在暴风雨后一样
just like it does after a rainstorm.

但其实月光并没有强到
But here's the thing. Moonlight isn't actually strong enough

足以激活我们的色觉
to activate our color vision.

所以月虹隐藏在我们的视线之中
So, the moonbow remains hidden in plain sight.

这是个完全隐藏在黑暗中的彩色世界
It's a world of color that is just completely hidden in darkness.

海洋里也有暮光
The ocean has twilight, too.

下潜至200米深处
Go down below 200 meters,

便超出了阳光的照射范围
and you're getting beyond the reach of sunlight.

而暮光区充满了没人见过的东西
And the twilight zone is full of things no one has ever seen before.

控制台 控制台 这是纳迪尔
Control, control, Nadir.

深度为700米 下潜中 完毕
Depth, 700 meters, descending. Over.

你听到哐啷声了吗
Did you hear that clunk then?

-听到了 -这是潜艇在告诉我们
- Yes, I did. - That's the sphere telling us

-我们下潜得越来越深了 -好的
- we're getting deep. - Yeah.

-我们来探探险吧 -好的
- Okay, shall we do some exploring? - All right.

来吧
I guess.

这感觉和星战一模一样
This feels just like Star Wars.

我一直期待着看见死星
I keep expecting to see the Death Star.

你有感觉到习惯过吗
Do you ever get used to this?

并没有
Not really.

你敢相信 上过太空的人
Can you believe that more people have been into space

比下到海底的人还多吗
than the bottom of the ocean?

我只下来过几次
I've only been down a handful of times

因为这些活动实在太少了
because these trips are just so rare.

只有不到百分之一的深海被探索过
Less than one percent of the deep ocean has been explored.

虽然在不断深入黑暗
And even though you're traveling deeper into the darkness,

你其实将能看到更多东西
you actually start to see more.

天啊
What?

它就这么凭空出现了
Well, that just came out of nowhere.

这是一整座悬崖
That is a whole cliff.

-太惊人了 -对吧
- That's amazing. - Isn't it?

也许这就是死星
Maybe it is the Death Star.

-我们完全没法知道这有多高 -是的
- We have no idea how tall this is. - Right.

-或者这有多长 -是的
- How far this goes, right? - Yes, yes. Absolutely.

而且之前从未有人到过这
And before now, no one has been here.

真了不起
Incredible.

所以我可能真的是最先看到它的人之一
So, I could literally be one of the first people to ever see this?

很有可能
You could.

等下 按探险家的规则 我不是能给它命名
Wait, aren't the explorer rules that I get to name it?

-没错 -"新高峰"
- Yeah. - The Fresh Peak.

那是什么
What is that?

是梦海鼠 梦海鼠
Enypniastes, enypniastes, enypniastes.

快后退 快后退
Go back, go back, go back.

太奇形怪状了吧
It's weird as hell.

这是一种海参
Okay, this is a type of sea cucumber.

学名是Enypniastes eximia
Formal name, Enypniastes eximia.

但它有好多外号
But it has a bunch of nicknames.

我个人最喜欢的是"无头鸡怪"
My personal favorite is the headless chicken monster.

无头鸡 快看看它
The headless chicken. Wow! Look at that.

它看起来真的像一只...
It really does look like a roast chicken...

吃了巨大的费城椒盐卷饼的烤鸡
that ate a giant Philly pretzel.

这是我最爱看到的生物之一
They're just one of my favorite things to see.

真美
That is beautiful.

你能看到它是红色的
You can see that it's red,

这可能是深海动物最常见的体色
probably the most common color of animals in the deep sea.

你觉得是为什么
Why do you think that is?

好问题 我不知道...
That's a good question. I don't know...

可能是为了隐身吧
It would probably be for concealment, right?

-没错 可以隐匿起来 -正是如此
- Yeah. They can hide. Yes, yes. - Exactly!

-因为这儿没有红光 -是的 它们...
- 'Cause there's no red light. - There's no red... They...

-你看不见它们 -没错
- You can't see them. - You can't see 'em.

所以就好像它们穿着隐形斗篷
So, it's like they're wearing an invisibility cloak.

就像我的T恤一样 这就是我的隐身衣
They act like my T-shirt, right? That's my invisibility cloak.

没错
Exactly.

这里大多数生物甚至看不见红色
Most of the creatures down here can't even see red.

是啊 在纯蓝的世界里它们应该也不需要
Yeah, I guess, they don't need to in a blue world.

所以这里的一切生物都是红色的
So, is everything down here red?

-那里有只水母 -是吗
- There's a jellyfish right here. - Yeah?

-就在我们前面 -这儿
- Right in front of us. - There.

能看见它在动 它们都是... 彩虹色的
You'll see it's moving. They'll all... Where the rainbow is.

太不可思议了 能借下你的手机吗
That's amazing. Use your phone?

就像它体内有个五色的灯泡
It's like a five-color light bulb in the middle of it.

-它其实没有任何颜色 -什么意思
- That jelly actually has no color. - What do you mean?

只是因为我们在用光照它 它看着才是彩色的
It only looks colorful because we are shining a light on it.

什么意思
What do you... what's that mean?

这道彩虹从未被看见过
That rainbow is never seen down here.

-因为我们带来了白光 -是的
- Because we have brought that white light. - Right. Right. Right.

所以这彩虹其实并不存在
And so, that is actually not a real thing.

-海底没有生物能看见 -是的 它们都看不见
- Like, no animal down here sees that. - Right. No animal sees it like that.

没错
Exactly.

虽然我能看到这道彩虹
Even though I can see this rainbow,

但海底的生物看不见
the creatures down here can't.

而我能看见 也只是因为我们有合适的光源
And I can only see it because we brought the right sort of light.

这方法能以各种令人惊讶的方式发挥作用
That approach can work in all sorts of surprising ways.

而且事实证明 你不必走多远
And it turns out, you don't have to go that far

就能在黑暗中找到隐藏的颜色...
to find hidden colors in the dark...

只要你有合适的光源
just as long as you have the right sort of light.

我听到了一些声音
I heard something.

它们就在那里
They're right down here.

它们好像知道我们在这
I think they know we're here.

-我们关灯吧 -好的
- Why don't we go dark? - Okay.

能试下魔法灯吗
Can you try the magic light?

那儿有动静
Yeah, there's movement right there.

看到了
That's it.

就像迪斯科涂料
It's like it's disco paint.

是的 太神奇了吧
It is. It's amazing, isn't it?

世上只有少数人见过这一幕
Only a handful of people in the world have ever seen this.

这真令人惊叹 像紫外线灯这样的小把戏
It's amazing, how a little trick like this with UV light

就能揭露一个全新的世界 谁能想到呢
can just reveal a whole new world. Who knew?

是啊
Yeah.

重点就在这
And that's the thing.

没人想到过 这是全新的科技
No one knew. This is brand-new science.

就在此时 科学家们正拿着紫外线手电筒
As we speak, scientists are wandering randomly around

四处徘徊 想看看还有哪些动物
with UV flashlights trying to see what other animals

可能拥有这种隐藏的力量
might have this hidden power.

你第一次看到时 肯定觉得自己
When you first saw this, you must've thought you were,

可能是产生幻觉了
like, hallucinating or something.

怀疑我神志是否正常
My sanity was questioned, yes.

不是第一次了
Not the first time.

谁能想到动物们正在我们自家后院里
Who knew that animals were putting on a secret light show

用我们看不见的色彩
in our own backyards

上演一场秘密灯光秀
using colors that we can't see?

真神奇
Amazing.

我们要找的东西不需要特殊的灯光
What we're looking for doesn't need special lights.

但当所有的光都消失了 还能看到什么呢
But what is left to see when all light is gone?

这里可能就要进入暮光区了
This is where we're probably beginning to go into the midnight zone.

没有光
No light.

要达到暮光区 就需要潜入深海
To get to the midnight zone, you need to go deep.

很深很深的地方
Really deep.

几乎接近这艘潜艇所能承受的极限
Close to the limits of what this sub can handle.

随着潜艇不断下潜
So, as the sub is going deeper,

最令人不安的是它发出的声音
the most unnerving thing is the noises it makes.

这种可怕的嘎吱声
This, like, horrible creaking.

这就是潜艇和海洋之间的抗衡
And that's the battle between the sub and the ocean.

如果你停下来想想 唯一能保护你的
And it's completely terrifying if you stop for a second

不过是15厘米厚的塑料
and think about the fact that the only thing protecting you

这真的太吓人了
is about six inches of plastic.

托比 我要开始减速了
Toby, I'm gonna start slowing down now.

纳迪尔 控制台收到
Nadir, control, roger.

开始了
Here we go.

我们到海底了
We're at the bottom.

这儿离海床不到十公分
That's about three inches from the seabed.

即将着陆 休斯顿太空中心 开启着陆灯
Coming in to land, Houston. Contact light.

我总想说这句台词 就是从没找到机会
I always wanted to say that. I just never really had a reason.

我喜欢看到海底
I love this part, when you see the seafloor

隐约浮现在我眼前
just loom out of the depths at you.

这事想起来太不真实了
It's so surreal when you think about it.

我们居然在海平面下一千米深的地方
We're here, a kilometer below the ocean surface.

对于你个人来说 你的人生目标是什么
Personally, for you, what is your life's goal,

你对自己事业的期望是什么
your hope for what you're doing?

我来自一个发展中国家...
'Cause I'm from a developing country...

我们国家
we, as a nation,

没能力去探索我们的大部分国土
can't afford to explore the majority of our area.

特立尼达超过九成的面积都是深海
Like, 90-something-percent of Trinidad's area is deep ocean.

我们却不知道那儿有什么 因为缺少专家
And we have no idea what's there because we don't have the expertise.

我是唯一一个
I'm the only one.

所以我工作的很大一部分是想改变这个现状
So, a big part of my work is trying to change that.

我至今已参加了16次探险
I've been on, like, 16 expeditions now,

几乎没有和我一样的成员
and there is hardly ever anyone that looks like me,

无论是女性 有色人种
whether it's a woman, a person of color,

还是发展中国家的公民
or a person from a developing country.

-我想要改变这点 -很好
- And I want that to change. - Absolutely.

这也是我投身这行的一个重要原因
So, that's a big part of why I do what I do.

懂了 很棒
Got it. That's cool.

乘着潜艇下潜到一千米深处
Inside the sub at 3,300 feet.

我们潜下来了
We down here.

各位 我们潜下来了
We down here, y'all. We down here.

我真的真的很受鼓舞
Let's just say, I got really, really inspired,

我就想出去走走
and I just wanted to take a walk.

那你可能只能撑半秒
Probably last about half a second.

-而且我们也会一起死掉 -是的
- And we would die in the process. - Yeah.

那我还是不这么干了
I probably won't do that then.

我总觉得 能这样死去多好啊
I always think, "What a great way to go.

多么精彩的故事
"What a great story."

对于你来说是的
A great story is one that you get to tell.

-但对别人来说... -是的
- Somebody else... - Right, yeah.

别人来讲这个故事 就是"是啊 我也在场"
If somebody else has to tell it, "Yeah, man, I was there that day,"

就没那么精彩了
it's like a less great story.

既然海底的压力这么大
If the pressure is that extreme,

你肯定会想 "什么生物才能在这生活"
you've gotta wonder, "What kinda creature could live down here?"

因为即使在陆地上 探险家们也能发现
Because even back on the surface, explorers are finding

黑暗中藏着千奇百怪的生物
some crazy, strange lifeforms hiding in the dark.

一个宇航员在地表下300米的洞穴里
What is an astronaut doing in a cave...

在一片漆黑中干什么呢
300 meters below the earth's surface in utter darkness?

进入山洞其实和上太空非常非常相似
Going into a cave is very, very similar to actually going to space.

你将看不见色彩 进而失去色彩的概念
You lose colors, and then you lose the concept of colors.

如果你看看四周 生活在这的大多数生物
If you look around, most creatures that live down here

都是白色或透明的
are white or transparent.

它们已经适应了洞穴生活
They have adapted to living in a cave,

所以摆脱了颜色 甚至完全不要眼睛了
so they got rid of colors, they got rid of eyes, even, totally.

这些生物甚至没有视力
These creatures, they don't even see.

洞螈看着就像宇航员可能会发现的生物
An olm looks like the kind of creature an astronaut might find.

[亦称盲螈 欧洲唯一一种穴居的脊索动物]

它们的皮肤充满奇怪的肉感
That weird, fleshy skin.

人们称洞螈为"人鱼"
They call olms the human fish.

它们每十年才需进食一次
An alien that only needs to eat every ten years.

这样也好
Which is just as well

因为它们动作太慢 抓不到什么猎物
because they move too slowly to catch much.

这个物种已在黑暗中藏匿了
A species that has been hidden away in the dark

超过两千万年
for over 20 million years.

如果在只有几百米深的山洞里
If they found that thing

都能发现这玩意
in a cave just a few hundred feet down,

那谁知道在海下一千米深处能找到什么
what the hell are we gonna find at 3,000 feet below the sea?

控制台 这是纳迪尔
Control. Control. Nadir.

目前深度为一千米 完毕
Depth, 1,000 meters. Over.

那是什么
What was that?

只有一个办法可以知道
There's only one way to find out.

是的 我们有个小把戏
Yes. And there's a trick we play.

好吧
Okay.

现在干什么
What now?

现在 我们看看外面有什么
Now, we'll see what's out there.

闭上眼
So, shut your eyes.

好的 一二三
Okay. One, two, three.

睁开眼
Eyes open.

没有东西啊
Like, nothin'.

再试一次 我们打开闪光灯
Try it again. Let's turn on the flash.

好的 闭上眼
Okay, eyes shut.

一二三 开灯
One, two, three. Lights on.

关灯 睁开眼吧
Lights off. Eyes open.

天啊
Oh, my God!

我的天
Oh, my God.

太惊人了 看看这景象
You have got to be kidding me. Look at that.

跟"第三类接触"[斯皮尔伯格导演科幻片]似的
It's like Close Encounters.

你懂吗
You know?

迪瓦 这些是什么
So, Diva, what is it?

这正是我们希望看到的
Well, this is what we're here to see.

一个在绝对黑暗中才能看见的隐秘世界
A hidden world you can only see in total darkness.

不 我知道 但从科学上说 这到底是什么
No, no, I know. But, like, actually, scientifically, what is it?

这是生物发光 威尔
It's bioluminescence, Will.

一种利用水中的氧气来制造光的化学反应
It's a chemical reaction using oxygen in the water to create light.

欣赏欣赏吧
But just look at it.

所以它们在制造自己的光
So, they're making their own light.

没错 并且利用光来交流
Exactly. And they use that light to communicate.

它们在和我们交流
They are communicating with us, right?

-好像在喊"母神 母神" -像"阿凡达"里那样
- Like, "Mother! Mother!" - It's like Avatar. Yeah.

或者 "哥们 把该死的灯从我脸上移开"
Or, "Yo, man, get them damn lights out my face."

又或者在说 "我要和你交配吗"
Or they're like, "Do I wanna mate with you?"

是啊
I know, yeah.

这像是一整套语言 我甚至不知道它存在
There's like this whole language I never even knew existed.

地球上所有可供动物生存的空间
Of all the space on the planet in which animals can live...

百分之九十九以上都在海洋中
over 99 percent of it is in the oceans.

而在这巨大的空间里 将近八成的动物
And within that huge space, nearly 80 percent of animals

都以某种方式使用生物发光
use bioluminescence in some way.

所以实际上
And so, actually,

生物发光可能是地球上
bioluminescence may be one of the most common forms

最常见的交流形式之一
of communication on the planet.

太令人震惊了
That is mind-blowing.

我以前怎会不知道世上有这种东西
How did I not know that this was in the world?

回到海面
Back to the surface.

控制台 这是纳迪尔
Control. Control. Nadir.

回到400米深处 上浮中 完毕
Passing 400 meters, ascending. Over.

太难以置信了
That's crazy.

爱了
Love that.

这完全是浪漫喜剧的场景
This is right out of a romantic comedy.

我一定要把这个写进电影里
I'm so putting this in a movie. I am so putting this in a movie.

不知道你会让谁扮演我呢
I was just wondering who you'd put in as me.

-应该会是马特·达蒙 -好极了
- You'll be, like, Matt Damon. - Oh, yeah. Matt Damon.

-这种类型的 -好的
- You know, somebody like that. - Yeah.

很好
All right.

重返阳光
Back to the sunshine.

我们出发去寻找隐藏在深海中的世界
We set out to find a hidden world in the depths.

而我却发现
And I discovered that

黑暗中的光亮比我想象的还要多
there's more light in the darkness than I ever imagined.

从漆黑一团的深海...
From the deep, dark ocean...

一直到阳光照耀的海面...
all the way to the sunlit surface...

我们生活在色彩的世界中
we live in a world of color.

坐稳了
Hold on!

我喜欢这一刻
Yes, I like this part!

威尔 你做到了
Will, you did it.

-太阳刚刚又回到你的生活了 -太好了
- The sun just bursts back into your life. - That was great.

真是妙不可言
That was definitely great.

我奶奶曾说
My grandmother used to say,

"上帝将生活中最美好的东西放在恐惧的另一端"
"God places the best things in life on the other side of fear."

祂也将最明亮的东西放在了黑暗的另一端
Well, He also puts the brightest things in life on the other side of darkness.

它们如此之多
So much so,

以至于当我进入黑暗中时
that I only really began to see... when I descended...

才真正开始看到
into the dark.

又一个等待着我们的秘密世界
Another hidden world awaits us.

我完成了儿时的梦想
I fulfill a childhood dream,

亲眼见证地球上最壮观的迁徙之一
to witness one of the greatest migrations on Earth,

并且发现 在群居动物的世界里
and discover that in the world of swarms,

即使是愚笨的动物也能变得超级聪明
even unintelligent animals can become super smart.

第三集

第一季第二集中英文对照剧本

展开收缩

坦桑尼亚 塞伦盖蒂

乔治·斯坦梅茨

探险家/摄影师

雷姆图拉·纳萨里

国家公园管理员

奥尔多·凯恩

绳索专家

科里·理查兹

探险家/摄影师

请保佑我们所有人 无论是本地人还是外国人

他们是来采蜜的 还是只是拍照?

看着不像要采蜜 他们没有合适的装备

吉尔·凯莉

潜水员

两小时后

但愿我们不会看到狮子夜间狩猎
Let's hope we don't see what the lions do at night.

但愿我们在狮子看到我们前先看到它们
Let's hope we see lions before they see us.

雷姆 能关下灯吗
Hey, Rem. Can you cut the lights?

很好
Cool.

我们有副夜视镜
Well, this is... We got a pair of night vision goggles,

你看看 告诉我你看到了什么
and if you look out there, and tell me what you see.

我需要夜视镜才能从你那拿到它
I need night vision goggles to get the night vision goggles from you.

我能看出它们是角马
Well, I can see they're wildebeest.

这是个好开头
Well, that's a start.

能看出它们族群的形状吗
Can you tell their shape? Like the shape of the group?

不太看得出来...
I can't tell, really...

它们好像分层了似的 所以不好辨别
They're like layered up, so I can't really tell.

-就好像摞起来了一样 -是的
- Kind of stacked up? - Yeah.

让我们来看看...
I don't know. Let's see what...

我还有另一个玩具想展示给你看
I've got another toy I wanted to show you.

不知道狮子在这种黑暗中能不能看见
I wonder if a lion could see in this kind of darkness. I dunno.

这个... 我们就没必要一探究竟了
Well, that's... We don't need to find out that.

是的 我会... 我会和角马一起丧命
No, no, I just die... I'd die with the wildebeest.

-能跟上吗 -我看不见
- You can follow me? - I can't see.

-我领着你 没事的 -好的 慢慢走
- Yeah, I got you, we're good. - All right. Hold on.

我这辈子都想看到角马
My whole life, I've wanted to see wildebeest.

只是不知道会是在到处潜伏着狮子的黑夜
I just didn't think it would be in the dark with lions everywhere.

但乔治有另一种看待一切的方式
But George has a different way of looking at everything.

看着这些家伙很有趣 它们在迁徙
Well, we're looking at these guys, it's interesting, they're moving out.

是的
Oh, wow, yeah.

但它们在夜里应该看不见
But I don't think they can see anything at night.

所以它们像这样聚集起来 但不是根据视觉
So they're falling in like that, but they're not falling in based on sight?

没错
That's right.

它们的队形有点特别
They're walking differently.

几乎像个松散的防守阵型
Almost kind of like a loose defensive formation.

它们正走到一起 成为一个团体
They're coming together and working as a group.

-它们显然在相互追随 -是的
- They're clearly following each other. - That's right.

但如果它们看不清 也没发出任何声音
But if they don't see well, and they're not making any noise,

它们怎么知道其他同伴在哪的
how do they know where the others are?

大概30年前 我买了本"国家地理"杂志
Around thirty years ago, I picked up a National Geographic Magazine

然后看见了这个
and saw this.

这幅非洲平原上150万只角马的画面
That image, one and a half million wildebeests on the plains of Africa,

从那以后便萦绕在我脑海中
has stayed with me ever since.

地球上最壮观的动物迁徙
The most dramatic migration on Earth.

我终于得以亲眼见证
And finally, I'm here to see it.

威尔 上来看看
Hey, Will. Come up and take a look.

好的
All right.

这有好多角马啊
That's a lot of wildebeest, man.

终于能近距离看到它们 长得还有点搞笑
Seeing them up close, finally. Man, they're kind of funny-looking.

角马并不是非常优雅的动物
Wildebeest are not the most elegant animal.

也不是很聪明
Or the most intelligent.

乔治正直言不讳地开它们的玩笑
George is straight-up clowning wildebeest.

但如果它们不靠自己的长相或头脑
But, hey, if they don't get by on their looks or their brains,

那它们是怎么在这野外生存下来的呢
how do they survive out here in the wild?

这正是乔治想让我看到的
Well, that's what George wants me to see.

跑在最前面的 能抢在大部队前大快朵颐
The front runners chow down on the grass ahead of the herd,

所以它们都得一直不停地移动
so they all have to keep constantly moving.

我们也是
And so do we.

乔治 你为什么来到非洲
So, George, what got you to... to Africa?

我读大学时 感觉有点无聊了
I got kind of bored, I was a... kind of bored college student,

于是决定逃离校园 而且我想...
and I decided to get the hell out, and I wanted...

我就一路搭便车来了非洲
I went to Africa, I came hitchhiking here.

买了张去伦敦的单程票...
I bought a one-way ticket to London...

然后一路搭便车来了刚果
and I hitchhiked down to Congo.

我发现这真的很有趣 而且还有很多东西要学
And I found it was really fascinating and there was so much more to learn.

-是的 -我现在依然这么觉得
- Yeah. - And I still feel that way.

一旦你遇到了危险 就会不断地学习更多东西
Once you get into dangerous things, you just keep on learning more and more.

没错
Yeah. Exactly.

你想捕捉到怎样的画面
What kind of image are you hoping to capture?

我想拍到迁移中的关键时刻
Well, I'm trying to capture the key moment in the migration

也就是... 角马渡河
when the... when the wildebeest cross the river.

你有多少次能准确捕捉到想要的画面
How often do you capture exactly what you're looking for?

这个问题有点致郁
That's kind of a depressing question.

我拍摄野生动物已经有40多年了
I've been photographing wildlife for over forty years.

作为摄影师 我努力捕捉动物的这些精妙瞬间
As a photographer, you try to capture these incisive moments in an animal,

它们揭示了其物种的真实天性
where they reveal the true nature of their species.

而最宏大 最壮观的 就是角马渡河
And the greatest, the biggie of all, is the crossing of the wildebeest.

雷姆 根据你的经验 这种情况有多罕见
In your experience, Rem, how rare is it?

你要捕捉到角马渡河有多容易
How easy will it be for you to catch a crossing?

当然 你有很大机会能看到角马
You have a big chance of seeing a wildebeest, of course.

-是的 -但看见角马渡河 千载难逢
- Yeah. - But it's seeing crossing, that's very rare.

但我觉得如果你没带我看到
But I think you can consider it a great failure

可以认为是一次巨大的失败
if you don't show me a... a crossing.

好吧
Of course.

角马不在乎...
You know, wildebeest don't care...

不在乎你是谁 或者你等了多久
wildebeest don't care who you are, or how long you've been waiting.

-我知道 是的 -它们真的不在乎
- I know, right. - They don't really care.

各位 你们猜怎么着
Hey, you guys, do you know what?

看来角马没看过"黑衣人"
The wildebeest haven't seen Men in Black, I guess.

平心而论 它们有更紧迫的事要考虑
In fairness, they've got more pressing things to think about.

但同时 它们竟然还能完成500公里的跋涉
But somehow, between them, they manage to survive a 300-mile trek

并一路躲过饥饿的狮子 鬣狗和猎豹
past hungry lions, hyenas, and cheetahs.

它们的秘诀是什么
What's their secret?

也许答案就在离这5000公里的
Perhaps the answer lies in a completely different creature

一种完全不同的生物身上
over 3,000 miles away from here.

但世界上最大的蜜蜂能告诉我们
But what can the world's largest honeybee

关于角马的什么事呢
tell us about wildebeest?

你见过这样的蜜蜂吗
Have you seen bees like this before?

从来没有
I've never seen anything like this before.

问题在于你怎么进去 然后能...
Your problem's gonna be how to get in there and be able to then...

-把自己调整到拍摄的姿势 -是的
- sort yourself out to be able to shoot. - Not... Okay, yeah.

-别让自己在半空旋转 -是的
- So I'm not spinning in space. - Yeah.

要不我们试试从底下爬上去
Maybe we'll try and climb up from the bottom

然后试着从那里进入位置
and then, from there, try to get in position.

那我们试一试吧
Well, I guess we should go try it.

一个蜂巢上可能有多达10万只蜜蜂
There can be as many as 100,000 bees on a single hive.

而且它们可能相当有攻击性
And they can be pretty damn hostile.

如果它们决定在你爬到绳索顶端时蜂拥而上
If they decide to swarm when you're at the top of a rope,

你真的束手无策
there's literally nothing you can do.

奥尔多 我就位了
Aldo, I'm in position!

你能靠得很近吗 完毕
Can you get quite close? Over.

我能摸到它
I can touch it.

我能用手摸到外面的部分 用脚碰到里面
I can touch the outer part with my hand and the inner part with my foot.

我要尝试触发它们
I'm gonna try to trigger 'em.

蜂巢周围仿佛有种无形的屏障
There's a sort of invisible barrier around a hive.

大概有半米距离
It's about 20 inches away.

越过这条线 就会发生令人吃惊的事
Cross that line, and something astonishing happens.

真不可思议
Incredible.

这是一种防御策略
It's a kind of defense strategy.

如果蜜蜂发现有捕食者侵犯了这个界限
If the bees spot a predator breaking through that perimeter,

就会翻动它们的身体 引发巨大的连锁反应
they flip their bodies, starting this massive chain reaction.

仿佛它们连成了一体 而且不仅是通过触觉
It's like they're somehow all connected, and not just by touch,

而更像是作为一个整体在思考
but like they're thinking as a single unit.

每只蜜蜂本身并不算什么
On its own, each bee doesn't amount to much.

但作为一个蜂群 它们就能创造出足够巨大
But as a swarm, they can create something big enough

或足够唬人的东西...
or confusing enough...

来吓跑几乎任何攻击者
to deter almost any attacker.

所以蜜蜂靠它们的小伎俩来摆脱天敌
So the bees have their shimmer trick to throw off predators.

但角马没有这个
But the wildebeest don't have that.

应该没有
I don't think.

那它们是怎么保护自己的
So how do they defend themselves?

雷姆 那儿有只狮子 能停一下吗
Rem, there's a lion over there. Can we stop for a minute?

看左边
Look out on the left.

是的 我看到它了
Oh, yeah, I see her. I see her.

它又不见了 我跟丢了
She's gone again. I lost her.

我们试试换个视角
Let's try changing our perspective.

我总喜欢站到高处 以新的方式观察事物
I've always loved getting up and looking at things in a new way.

我小时候很会爬树
When I was a kid, I was a real tree climber,

让我妈操了不少心
much to my mother's chagrin.

我喜欢爬到最高的树枝上
I loved climbing up to the tallest branches

俯瞰我家的后院
to get a view over my back yard.

现在 我的后院变大了很多
And now my back yard's become a lot bigger.

怎样
Any luck?

能看到它吗
Can you see her?

就像一群快闪族
Like a flash mob.

如果这是人类 肯定会一片混乱
If it were humans down there, that would be chaos.

我会被绊倒
I'd be tripping up and bangin' off this dude,

到处撞到人
and runnin' into that guy over there.

但这群角马一个拍子都没乱
But the herd didn't miss a beat.

一直井然有序地向前跑着
Just kept on keepin' on.

看起来很难
It looks difficult.

但其实 只需要遵循三条简单的法则
But it turns out, you just have to follow three simple rules.

这些法则适用于各种群居动物
Rules that apply to all sorts of animals that swarm.

第一条 别离你的同伴太远
Rule number one, don't get too far away from your neighbor.

第二条
Rule number two,

也别离你的同伴太近
don't get too close to your neighbor either.

第三条 如果你的同伴转弯 你也转弯
Rule number three, if your neighbor turns, you turn.

这就足以将成百上千的个体
And that's enough to turn thousands of individuals

变成美丽繁诡的复合体
into something beautiful and complex.

椋鸟每小时能飞60公里
Starlings can fly at 40 miles an hour.

所以为了保持队形一致
So to keep together in formation,

它们需要赛车手般的反应速度
they need the reactions of racing drivers.

尤其当其他"赛车"不只是在前面或后面
Especially as the other "cars" aren't just in front or behind,

而且还在上方和下方
they're above and below.

我们很难理解这有多特别
It's hard to get how special that is,

直到看到描绘出来的轨迹
until you see it mapped out.

十万只鸟沿着不断变化的路径飞翔
A hundred thousand birds racing around a constantly changing track

而不发生一起碰撞事故
without a single crash.

这也是角马的生存之道
That's the way the wildebeest roll too,

规则简单 不过度思考
with simple rules and not overthinking it.

它们跑得不快 长得不美
They're not as fast or as pretty,

但寻找新鲜草地时
but as they search for fresh grass,

它们也同样的协调
the wildebeest are just as coordinated.

当它们到达马拉河时 事情开始变得复杂了
Things get more complicated when they reach the Mara River.

盯着你旁边的同伴没什么用了
Keeping an eye on the guy next to you isn't much use,

因为你将面对的是湍流...
when you're facing strong currents...

和巨鳄
and giant crocs.

这是整个500公里往返旅程中最危险的部分
It's the single most dangerous part of the whole 300-mile round trip.

等下 我们能在这下车吗
Wait, we can get out here?

没事的 可以下来
It's safe. Yeah, get out.

我让你先出去吧
I'm gonna let you get out first.

"看着挺安全的 你先走吧"
"That looks good, you go first?"

这是什么
What are we looking at?

这些基本就是动物们到达马拉大草原
Basically, this is the main barrier that the animals have to go over

必须跨越的主要障碍
to get up to the big grasslands of the Mara,

每年这个时候 那里的植被最丰茂
where the really good vegetation is for them at this time of year.

那这些记号是什么意思
So, what... what are all of these marks?

这些是角马渡河的地点 我们就做了标记
Those are the crossing points, so we mark it.

一路沿着河岸
Like, it's along the river,

它们每次渡河 我们就做个记号
so whenever they cross, we just put the mark,

这样我们就知道渡河地点有哪些了
so we know like, crossing number two, number three, number four.

它们似乎有几个最喜欢的位置
They seem to have a few favorite places.

但如果它们渡河的地点都是固定的
But if they cross at regular spots,

为什么想捕捉到却这么难呢
why is it so hard to catch a crossing?

-我们没法知道它们会选哪里 -好吧
- There's no way to know which one they're going to choose. - Ah, okay.

成千上万的动物要聚集在一起
Conglomeration of thousands of animals,

而它们前一年的渡河地点可能都不同
and they all might have crossed at a different place the year before,

所以它们得做出集体决定
so they've gotta have like a group decision,

共同决定要走哪条路线
like a swarm decision, About which way to go.

我们可以在一处等待 也可以来来回回地巡逻
We can either hold and wait in one spot, or we can get fidgety and patrol.

如果角马开始渡河了 我们就赶过去
If there was a crossing happening, we can go there,

但等我们到了那儿 可能已经结束了
but by the time we get there, it might be over,

所以...
so it's like, do you...

很难决定是要跟着它们跑
It's hard to know whether you chase after crossings

-还是要坐等它们送上门 -懂了
- or do you wait for a crossing to come to you. - Got it.

所以我还要多久才能习惯
So, how long will it take for me to get comfortable

有苍蝇飞到我脸上 而不去拍它
just letting a fly be on my face without having to swat it?

你脸上就有两只苍蝇 但你完全不在意
'Cause you got two flies on your face and you're just relaxed.

-我却很局促 -我只是懒得拍了
- I'm like, man. - I just get tired of swatting at them.

是吗
Oh, yeah?

-真正的荒野探险家 -真是...
- Bush... Really bush man. - Oh, man...

好了 所以我们等还是追
All right, so are we waiting or are we chasing?

直觉告诉我 能找到个绝佳的位置
My instinct is to find a really good place.

那儿角马数量很多
We got a lot of animals over there.

我们会把它们等来的
And if we're in wait, they'll come to us.

-好的 -不错
- All right. - Yeah.

所以我们要看着它们奔跑的方向 对吧
So we sort of look where they're moving to, right?

是的 它们在往河边跑 这儿有一大群
Yeah, they're coming to the river. And see, the herd is down here.

是的
Yeah.

-它们跑得更快了 -想要跑到...
- They're moving faster, yeah. - Trying to run there...

它们要渡河了吗
Are these guys about to cross?

我们竟然如此幸运
I can't believe how lucky we're about to get.

永远不要低估新手运气的威力
Never underestimate the power of beginner's luck.

乔治想拍到这个画面好多年了
I mean, George has been trying to get this shot for years,

而我没来多久就能看到了
and I'm here two minutes and it's all happening.

我只是随便说说
I'm just saying.

去吧 乔治 这是你的重大时刻
Go, George. This is your big moment.

它自己下水了
He's going on his own.

我没法看下去了
Oh, I can't watch this.

天哪
Oh, man.

它们为什么让它自己下去
Why did they let him go alone?

看来还有第四条蜂群法则
Looks like there's a fourth swarm rule.

别去有鳄鱼的地方
Don't go where there's crocs.

如果我看到我的一个朋友被鳄鱼咬了
If I saw one of my boys get wacked by a crocodile,

我也会犹豫要不要渡河的
I'd have second thoughts about crossing that river too.

看起来现在的趋势是要离开此地
Looks like the momentum now is moving away from this point.

刚才它们还在向这里聚拢
Where it was moving toward this point before,

现在感觉在慢慢地转移了
now it feels like it's kind of gently drifting away.

显然 一个勇敢的家伙跳进水里
Clearly, one brave dude jumping into the water

还不足以让它们都开始渡河
is not enough to make them all start crossing.

所以触发事件是什么呢
So, what will it take?

为了更好地解释这点 我们得潜入水下
To best explain that, we need to go underwater.

它们真的令人叹为观止
They are truly amazing.

我第一次看见它们
The first time I ever saw them,

便终生难忘
certainly something that you'll never forget.

闪光鱼很怪异
Flashlight fish are weird.

它们的脸颊会发亮
They make their cheeks light up like,

仿佛在说"我在这 跟我来"
"I'm here, follow me!"

但正如那只可怜的角马
But just like that poor wildebeest,

一只鱼打信号不足以让其他鱼跟随
one fish signaling isn't enough to make the others follow.

两三只也不行
Neither is two or three.

但如果有足够数量的鱼同时闪光
But if enough of them flash at the same time,

朝着同一个方向...
in the same direction...

那它们就会集体前进
...they all go.

一只动物带头没用
It's not about one animal taking the lead.

要有足够多成员一起带头
It's about enough of them doing it.

然后 群体行为将产生强烈效果
Then the swarm behavior kicks in strong.

这是个数字游戏
So this is a numbers game.

角马最有可能渡河的地方
The place where the wildebeest are most likely to cross

是聚集了最多成员的地方
is the place where the biggest numbers are gathering.

但我们要怎么找到那里
But how do you find that?

得有架没有门的飞机
Well, with a plane with the doors off,

还有个疯狂的副驾驶
and a crazy co-pilot.

来了
Here we go.

到这儿来 能看得更清楚
Come forward, you can see it better.

好大的队伍
That's a huge line.

这绝对是我们见过数量最多的
That's definitely the most we've ever seen.

真神奇 确实像看着蚂蚁移动
That's crazy. It does look like ants, like how you see ants move.

-是的 像行军蚁 -是的
- Yeah, like army ants. - Army ants, yeah.

没错
Exactly.

这儿至少有几千只 一整支队伍
There's a few thousand there at least. A convoy.

那支队伍甚至更大
That one's even bigger.

很容易看出这群角马在往哪跑
You can definitely tell where this bunch is heading.

直奔河岸
Straight to the river.

我们得在它们开始渡河前赶到那
We gotta get there before they start crossing.

收到 我们降落吧
Roger that. Let's get down there.

好戏开始了
Let the games begin.

看看那几条队伍
Look at that line, those lines.

雷姆 找到渡河地点了吗
Have we found our crossing point, Rem?

是的
Yeah.

那我们最好在这等着
So, I think we better hold here.

如果开太近了 可能会把它们从河边吓跑
'Cause if we drive close, may scare them, they may run away from the river.

所以我们的出现可能会阻止它们渡河
So our presence would potentially keep them from crossing?

是的 所以最好继续等着
True, yeah. So, we'd better continue to wait.

所以我们现在就等着有人喊"开拍"
So, now we just wait for someone to call "action"?

这就是野生动物摄影 要适应漫长的等待
Welcome to wildlife photography. It's a lot of waiting.

这和演戏也没什么不同
Eh, it's not different than acting either.

你得一直坐着候场
You just kinda sit around and wait.

♪ 在丛林里 在茂密的丛林里 狮子今晚睡着了 ♪
♪ In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight ♪

我没气儿了
I'm out of breath.

♪ 在村庄旁 在宁静的村庄旁 ♪
♪ Near the village, the quiet village ♪

♪ 狮子今晚睡着了 ♪
♪ The lion sleeps tonight ♪

如果有顶宽边软帽 我就是真正的探险家了
I'm a real explorer if I have a slouch hat?

-没错 -很好 所以...
- Yeah, exactly. - All right, so that... so...

就是这种感觉
so it's like... it's like, that's the vibe?

情况看着不错 你先下去
It looks good. You go first.

我才不要 你先下去
I'm not gonna go first. You go first.

-不 你先下去 -不 你先去
- No, you go first. - No, you go, you go.

-不 你先 -我就跟在你身后
- No, you go, you go. - I'm right behind you.

你先下去吧 你都已经站在那了
Just go ahead. I mean, you're already standing there, just go ahead.

是的 我挺你 哥们
Yeah, I got your back, man.

单只角马的大脑在想 "我不想被吃掉"
The single brain is saying, "I don't want to get eaten."

但集体意识在说
But the swarm mind is saying,

"对面有草地 我们走"
"There's grass over there. Let's go."

这就像个高压锅
It's a pressure cooker.

也许它们真正需要的是最后推一把
Maybe what they really need is one last push.

几乎到处都是细小的黏菌
There are tiny dots of slime mold almost everywhere.

大多数时候 它们只是在无所事事
Most of the time, slime mold just sits around,

吃一吃细菌 制造更多的黏菌
eating bacteria and making more slime mold.

但当这些单细胞生物的食物耗尽时
But when these single-celled organisms run out of food,

奇怪的事便发生了
something weird happens.

不安分的能量波在族群中荡漾开来
Waves of restless energy ripple through the swarm.

它们连为一体 成为一个新的生物
They join themselves together into a new creature.

许多细胞变成了一个整体
Many cells become one body.

然后当压力终于达到极限 它们便开始移动
And then when the pressure finally gets too much, they move.

这过程中会有个体牺牲
There's sacrifice involved.

细长的茎是由细胞死亡形成的
The long, thin stems are created by cells dying.

但它们给了同伴一个生存的机会
But they give the others a chance to survive

当有东西拂过时
by being carried away to pastures new

它们就会被带到新的栖息地
when something brushes against them.

就个体而言 这些家伙真的没有大脑
Individually, these guys are literally brainless,

但成为一体 它们便拥有了智慧
but together, they're smart.

而角马就有点像黏菌
And wildebeest? They're a bit like slime mold.

无意冒犯
No offense.

大量个体不得不做出一个共同的决定
Loads of individuals somehow having to make a joint decision.

数以千计的大脑缓慢地处理数据
Thousands of brains slowly crunching the data.

"前方有危险...
"Danger in front...

"后方食物即将耗尽"
"food running out behind."

一波又一波紧张能量不断堆积...
Waves of nervous energy building...

最终把它们推向临界点
that finally pushes them to the edge.

然后答案出现了
And an answer.

它们开始了
They're going. Going.

-它们下河了 -开始了
- They're gone. They're gone. - They're going.

快看
Look at that.

天哪
Oh, man.

-你有... -它们在渡河
- All right, you got the... - They're crossing.

-给你望远镜... -谢谢
- Get the bino... - Thank you, thank you.

太壮观了
That's spectacular.

真不可思议
That looks crazy.

我大半辈子都在为此做准备
I've had more than half my life to get ready for this.

但我依然被这尘土飞扬 声势浩大
But nothing prepares you for the dust,

排山倒海的场景惊呆了
the noise, the sheer scale of it.

一旦开始...
Hey, that... Once you commit...

就没有回头路
No turning back.

30年了 这件事在我遗愿清单上躺了30年
All right, 30 years. That was on my bucket list for like 30 years.

我们刚看到了 角马大迁徙以及渡河
We just got it, the migration of the wildebeest, the crossing of the river.

我们实现了此行的目的
We have done what we have come to done.

成千上万的单个生物体
Thousands and thousands of individual organisms

成为一体 以求生存
surviving by joining together.

族群驱动着它们 并保护它们
The swarm drives them and protects them.

不是所有个体都能撑过去
Not everyone can make it.

但大部分都活下来了
But most of them do.

看它们奔跑的样子 好像被系在一起了
Look at them go. It's like they're tied together.

你能... 感受到这种联系
You can, like... You can feel the connection.

所以即使是...
So it looks like, even from...

四百米开外可能有什么 它们都知道
What could be a quarter mile away, that they know.

就好像这边的角马
Like these all the way back here,

能感知到那边的事物
can sense what's happening up here.

近30年来 我脑海中一直有个画面
For almost 30 years, I've had an image in my mind.

非洲平原上密布着数百万只角马
The plains of Africa dense with millions of wildebeest.

但最终 我看到了预想之外的东西
But in the end, I saw something I wasn't expecting.

根本不是数百万只动物
It's not millions of animals at all.

而是只有一只
It's just one.

正如乔治所说 换个视角
Like George said, shift your perspective,

切换镜头
switch your lens,

你就会看到 到处都是族群
and you'll see the swarm everywhere.

让人不禁思索 它们知道自己在族群里吗
Makes you wonder, do they even know they're in a swarm?

转念一想 我们知道吗
Come to think of it, do we?

这真是个值得深思的问题
Damn. Now, that's a question.

接下来 我将追踪一个致命的掠食者
Next, I'm on the trail of a deadly predator.

鲨鱼
Shark!

-它在那 -你找到了
- There he is. - You got one.

好极了
Aw, yeah.

循着我的鼻子去解开荒岛之谜
Following my nose to solve a desert island mystery.

真美
That is gorgeous.

并发现气味并非如其所见
And discover that smell is not what it seems.

第四集

第一季第四集中英文对照剧本

展开收缩

克里斯蒂娜·米特迈尔

探险家/自然保护摄影师

大堡礁

罗马尼亚

澳大利亚 雷恩岛

法伦·佩西

美利安族长者

约翰逊·奇彭代尔

乌塔提族长者

美国 阿拉斯加

埃里克·魏亨麦尔

探险家/登山家

印度尼西亚 龙目岛

凯瑟琳·罗伯逊

昆士兰野生动物管理处

这闻起来好臭
This smells terrible.

这就对了
That's the whole point.

威尔 用点劲
Will, try to put a little muscle into it.

-好的 -使劲摇
- All right. - Give it a good shake.

我记得"大白鲨"里有这个动作
Yeah, I remember this from Jaws.

虎鲨通常独自生活
Tiger sharks usually spend their lives alone,

在海洋里游荡
wandering the oceans.

但每年一次 它们会在大堡礁附近聚集
But once a year, they mass together near the Great Barrier Reef,

一起朝着同一个方向游去
all heading in one single direction.

你抓到一只了
You got one.

来吧 宝贝
Come to us, baby.

快 快点
Quick, quick, quick.

快拉过来
Pull it right in. Pull it quick, quick. Pull it right in.

稳住 往上拉
Pull up, pull up. Steady.

别让它挣扎
Don't let him fight!

别让它挣扎 别让它挣脱了
Don't let him fight! Don't let go!

我抓住了 拉紧它
I've got you. Pulling him tight.

-威尔 拉紧绳子 -好的
- Okay, Will. Hang on to that rope. - Yup.

这些澳大利亚研究员想追踪其中一条虎鲨
These Australian researchers want to track one of the sharks

看看它们要去哪儿
to find out where they're going.

-威尔 你抓住了吗 -我抓住另一头了
- You got her there, Will? - I'm on the other side.

对的 把尾巴抬高
Yup. Hold the tail high.

好了 你安全了
That was good, you're secure.

看看它的牙齿
Watch those teeth.

小心 绳子还在你脚边
Watch that, it's still around your leg.

快点 抓住那儿
Come on, get that!

-准备好了吗 -好了
- Ready? - Yup.

翻个身
And rolling.

这只真是...
This one's a...

他还好吗 他没事吧
He's okay, right? He'll be all right?

如果你叫他"她"的话 她会更开心
Especially if you start calling her "she." She'll be much better.

"她" 好吧
"She?" All right.

抱歉 我得注意下性别代词了
Gotta watch the gender pronouns, sorry.

他们没用鱼钩 所以她没受伤
They don't use hooks, so she's not harmed.

它有多长呢
How big is it?

-量好了 -多少
- Yup. Got it. - What is it?

-3.4米 -也就是12英尺
- Three point four. - Which'll be about twelve feet.

-好了 -3.4米
- All right. - Three-four!

她真宏伟
She's magnificent.

现在该做什么
Now what?

我们想了解鲨鱼在这做什么
Well, we're trying to learn what the sharks are doing here...

因为我们得知道它们的目的地和居住范围
'cause we need to know where they go, what their home ranges are,

这样就能通过卫星追踪它了
and then we can follow it via satellite.

通过潮汐 我们了解到这些鲨鱼
We know from the tiding that these sharks are coming

从几千公里外游过来
from thousands of miles away.

我们知道鲨鱼能在水下追踪气味
And we know that sharks follow smells underwater.

所以我们知道 它们来是因为嗅到了什么
So, we know that they're here because they smell something.

在自然界 气味可能意味着生与死的一线之差
In nature, smell can mean the difference between life and death,

尤其当你面对的是鲨鱼
particularly, when you're dealing with sharks.

问题是它们要去哪里 以及为什么
The question is where are they going and why?

-你抓到的第一只虎鲨 -是的...
- Your first tiger shark. - Yeah, well...

-我不需要再抓一次了吧 -是的吧
- I'm not gonna need to do that two times. - No?

虎鲨非常凶残 它们甚至会吃其他鲨鱼
Tiger sharks are so mean that they eat other sharks.

所以 下水拍摄虎鲨
So, getting into the water to photograph one?

又是一个全新的难度
That's next level.

-准备好了吗 你需要什么 -我的相机
- You're good? What do you need? - My camera.

没什么比在水中与虎鲨共处
Nothing reminds you of how small and fragile humans are

更能提醒你人类有多么渺小和脆弱
than being in the water with a tiger shark.

这不适合胆小者
It's not for the faint of heart.

我们需要潜入深海
It takes diving into the deep end

真正地让自己沉浸在它们的世界里
and really immersing yourself in their world

才能开始理解这些生物
to begin to understand these creatures.

作为野生动物摄影师 我想做的就是
Being a wildlife photographer, what I'm trying to do

描绘一幅地球画卷
is paint a picture of our planet.

我想展示大自然的美丽和特别之处
I try to show what's beautiful and special about nature,

地球的雄伟壮观
the majesty of our planet

以及它如何滋养所有生物 包括人类
and how it supports all living things, including humans.

克里斯蒂娜要上来了
Cristina's coming up.

威尔
Hey, Will!

-帮我拿下相机 -好的
- My camera? - Uh. Yup.

你拍到想要的了吗
Did you get the shots you wanted?

-拍到了 -很好
- I did. - Okay.

我拍到了一个鲨鱼的精彩镜头 还有你的
I did. I got a great shot of the shark and a shot of you.

我看上去很害怕吗
Did my face looks too scared?

-没有 你看着很棒 -是吗 那我看上去勇敢吗
- No, you looked good. - I looked good. Did I look strong?

好的 那就好
Okay. All right.

那只被标记的鲨鱼立马按原路继续前进
The tagged shark goes straight back on track...

就好像被锁定在轨道上
like it's locked on course.

它们被某些东西强烈吸引着
Something powerful is attracting them.

但是是什么呢
But what?

在能让我忆起童年的气味中也许有线索
There might be a clue in a smell that takes me right back to being a kid.

你肯定也知道这个气味
A smell I bet you know too.

刚割的草
Freshly cut grass.

草被割下来时 会释放一种气味
When grass is cut, it releases a scent

它会直接飘到你的大脑前叶
that floats straight to the front of your brain...

精准地去到记忆和情感产生的位置
going to the exact spot where memories and emotions are made.

这就是为什么气味能这么生动
That's why smells can be so vivid...

这么有力
so powerful.

至于割过的草地
And cut grass?

那就是夏天的味道
That's the smell of summer.

当毛毛虫咬下一口草
When a caterpillar takes a bite of grass,

会释放相同的气味
it releases that same scent.

而同样的...
And once again...

会立刻产生效果
...it has an instant effect.

但这下就不是夏天的气味了
But now, it's not the smell of summer.

而是午餐的气味
It's the smell of lunch.

嗅觉是唯一不带过滤器的感觉
Smell is the only sense with no filter.

它直接连到大脑
It's hardwired straight to the brain.

只是有些人嗅觉会更灵敏
It's just that some of us are better at smelling than others.

鲨鱼的嗅觉比人类
Sharks have a sense of smell that's hundreds of times more potent

高效精准数百倍
and accurate than that of humans.

它们大脑中很大一部分都专门用于嗅觉
Such an enormous part of their brain is dedicated to smelling,

用于在广阔无垠的海洋中寻找方向
to finding their way through the vast expanse of the ocean.

戴着追踪器的鲨鱼在移动了
The shark with the tracker is on the move.

我们也要跟着行动
And so are we.

"大白鲨"里似乎没人说过
I don't remember anyone in Jaws saying,

"我们需要一艘更小的船"
"We're gonna need a smaller boat."

鲨鱼们从四面八方游来
Sharks are coming from all over the place,

都在朝着茫茫大海之中
and they're all honing in on this particular little spot of land

这片小小的土地进军
in the middle of nowhere...

雷恩岛
Raine Island.

所以这座岛上发生什么了呢
So what's happening on the island?

这是我们接下来要了解的
That's the next thing that we need to figure out.

海洋中央的这个小沙点究竟有何特别之处
What makes this speck of sand in the middle of the ocean so special,

让这些生物都要来朝拜
such a mecca for these creatures to be here?

那是只海龟吗
Is that a turtle?

-是的 -它在那儿呢
- Yes, wow. - There it is, there it is.

所以它们在吸气 准备下潜吗
So, they're taking a breath and going down?

海龟能在水下憋气长达七小时
A sea turtle can hold its breath under water for up to seven hours.

所以 当你看见一只海龟一次又一次
So, when you see the same turtle popping its head up

把头探出水面...
over, and over, and over again...

你就知道 它们显然不只是在呼吸
you know, they clearly are not just breathing,

它们在闻东西 它们在嗅探
they're smelling for something, they're sniffing.

乌龟是少数在水和空气里都能闻到气味的动物之一
Turtles are one of the few animals that can smell both in water and air.

这就是为什么它们在探出鼻子
That's why they're popping their noses out.

无论它们闻到的是什么
And whatever it is that they're sniffing,

似乎都把它们和鲨鱼引向了同一个方向
it seems to be sending them the same way as the sharks.

这儿有一只 两只
There's one. There's two.

-是的 -有一只在这儿
- Yeah. - One there.

-看看它们 -太神奇了
- Just look at them. Wow. - Oh, that's fantastic.

它们都游过来了
They're all over this place.

-我看见不断还有更多 -是的
- I see more and more and more. - Yeah.

太动人了
That is gorgeous.

-这儿有好多乌龟 -好多乌龟
- There's a lot of turtles out there. - A lot of turtles.

好多
So many.

鲨鱼能吃乌龟吗
Can a shark eat a turtle?

这看着就像乌龟豪华自助餐
Because, I mean, this looks like a turtle buffet.

得有极强的牙齿才能嚼动龟壳
You need incredible teeth to munch through that shell.

虎鲨是地球上为数不多的
Tiger sharks are one of the only creatures on the planet

能吃成年绿海龟的动物
capable of eating an adult green sea turtle.

但乌龟一点也不怕这些鲨鱼
But the turtles aren't sweating these sharks one bit.

鲨鱼就从它们身边游过
And the sharks are swimming right on past.

似乎乌龟和鲨鱼们被这个岛吸引过去了
It seems like the turtles and the sharks are being drawn to this island.

雷恩岛是一方神圣土地
Raine Island is sacred ground.

你要想上岸 得先得到
If you wanna go ashore, you first have to get permission

守岛人的允许
from the guardians of the island.

你们好
Hello!

你好 女士
Ma'am. Ma'am.

-你好 -女士
- Hello! - Ma'am.

欢迎
Hello. Welcome.

-你好吗 -很好 谢谢
- How are you? - Yeah, good, thanks.

-我是克里斯蒂娜 -你好
- Cristina. - Hello, hello.

-你好 -欢迎上岛
- Hi. - Yeah. Welcome.

-我是威尔 -我是约翰逊
- Will. I'm good. - Yeah. Johnson.

-约翰逊 -欢迎你们上岛
- Johnson. - I'd like to welcome you to our island.

然后会有一个仪式 帮我们摆脱
And then there's a ritual to help get rid

其他地方带来的气味
of any scents from elsewhere.

在你们上岛前 我们通常会
Before we allow you, usually you put odor

把一股味道放在你的肩膀和头上
both on your shoulders and on your head.

这是为了保护你
Yeah. This is to protect you.

-相当于把你身上的味道给我吗 -对
- This is like your smell you're giving me? - Yes.

-太酷了 -是的...
- Oh, how cool is that. - Yes, so...

我需要尽可能多的保护 所以...
I need all the protection I can get, so... Yeah.

我们非常感谢你们的款待
You know, we're very grateful and very honored for your hospitality.

-应该的 -非常感谢
- Yes. - Thank you so much.

我不曾去过
I can't ever remember being in a place

气味对人类和动物来说
where smell is so important

如此重要的地方
for humans and animals.

但这意味着什么呢
But what signal is it sending out?

一个探险家也许有独到的见解
One explorer might have a unique insight.

左转
Left turn!

划桨
Paddle.

右转 保持一条线 完美
And right turn. Hold that line. Perfect.

我能这样过一整天
I could do that all day.

因为埃里克看不见
Because Erik can't see,

所以他比我们更依赖于气味
he relies on smell much more than the rest of us.

野外可能会非常危险
The wilderness can be such a hostile place.

作为盲人 我常思考
And I always, as a blind person, thought,

"我能在那个环境中活下来吗"
"Could I flourish in that environment?"

我闻到鲑鱼的气味了
See, I'm getting a whiff of salmon.

有鲑鱼的地方就有熊 所以当心点
Where there are salmon, there are bears, so heads up.

天啊 它正盯着我们呢
Holy cow. He's looking right at us.

它知道我们在这儿
Oh, he knows we're here.

我们该怎么办
What should we do?

不要出声 保持低调 这是它们的地盘
We should be very quiet. Shrink down. This is their neighborhood.

让它们做自己的事吧
Let 'em do their thing.

我失明之后 开始更留意
When I lost my sight, I started paying attention

我的其他感官
to my other senses.

我开始能辨别以前没注意到的气味
I started recognizing smells that I hadn't noticed before.

我学会在雨滴落下前闻出下雨的气味
I've learned to smell the rain before the drops come.

还有被太阳烘烤的雪的气味
Or the smell of snow when it's baked by the sun.

我也经常通过树和植物的独特气味来辨别它们
Or often, I can recognize trees and plants by their unique scents.

我很容易就闻出空气中鲑鱼的气味
The scent of salmon in the air is so clear to me.

是股很浓烈的气味
It's a pretty intense smell.

这就是我在这种环境中
This is how I'm able not just to function

不仅能"生"而且"活"的方式
but to really thrive in this environment.

埃里克能闻出水里的鲑鱼
Erik can smell the salmon in the water.

而鲑鱼甚至能闻到更特别的东西
But the salmon are smelling something even more extraordinary.

数千条河流汇入太平洋
Thousands of rivers pour into the Pacific Ocean.

鲑鱼却能准确地游回它们出生的那条河
Somehow the salmon find their way up the right one to the place they were born.

如果你觉得鲨鱼嗅觉灵敏
And if you thought the sharks were good at smelling,

这些小家伙更胜一筹
these guys are even better.

它们能在无数水滴中识别出
They can pick up a couple of drops of scent

几滴微弱的气味
in one billion drops of water.

你肯定能辨别出我们现在在雨林吧
You can definitely tell that we're in the rainforest now, huh?

没错
Oh, yeah.

霉味其实不来自于树 而是真菌的气味
The musty smell isn't really the trees, it's more the fungi.

当我们想到真菌 往往会想到一朵蘑菇
When we think of fungus, we think of a single mushroom.

但这只是一个更庞大的事物的产物
But that's just the fruit of something much bigger.

就像在树根之间编织的巨大蜘蛛网
It's like a giant spider web weaving between the tree roots.

一缕缕紧密连接着森林 以至于
The strands connect the forest to such an extent

树木能相互传递水 营养物质 甚至是信息
that the trees can pass water, nutrients, even messages between each other.

它们一起将广阔的森林连成了一个单一系统
Together, they join huge areas of forest into one single system.

科学家称之为"木维网"
Scientists call it the wood wide web.

所以下雨的时候
So when it rains,

汇入水流的不仅是河岸的气味
it's not just the smell of the riverbank that's flowing into the stream,

还有木维网的气味
it's the smell of that wood wide web.

鲑鱼记忆中的独特的混合体
A unique cocktail that stays in the salmon's memory.

指引它们穿过百里回家
And guides them hundreds of miles home.

鲑鱼靠的并不是家乡河流的气味
The salmon aren't picking up the smell of their home river,

而是家乡河岸的气味
but the smell of their home riverbank.

但雷恩岛上没有树
But there's no trees on Raine Island.

所以乌龟和鲨鱼闻到什么了呢
So, what do the turtles and sharks smell?

克里斯蒂娜认为
Cristina reckons...

我们得下海看看
we need to get amphibious.

不过周围有鲨鱼 我就待在浅水区吧
Though, with sharks about, I'm staying near the surface.

即使看上去像一片珊瑚
You know, even though it looks like one piece of coral...

每根枝桠其实都由成千上万的小生物组成
each branch is actually made of thousands of tiny creatures...

都有自己的嘴巴和触手
with its own mouth and tentacles.

每个生物里还有更微小的藻类
But in every creature lives an even tinier algae...

它们都会释放有芳香气体的微小气泡
and each of those algae release minute bubbles of aromatic gas.

如果你靠近看 是真的能看见的
If you look close enough, you can actually see it.

正是这种气体散发出独特的气味印记
It's this gas that gives off a unique-smelling fingerprint.

正是这股气味告诉了乌龟
But it is that smell that tells the turtles

它们靠近陆地了 因为珊瑚
that they're approaching land because the coral reef

只能在浅海中生长
can only grow in shallow waters.

所以本质上
So essentially,

对我们来说是海的味道
what is for us the smell of the ocean,

对乌龟来说是陆地的味道
for turtles is the smell of land.

你明白了
You got it.

我小时候 我们家有时会开车去亚特兰大市
When I was a kid, we'd sometimes drive to Atlantic City.

闻到第一丝海的气息 知道我们快到了
It was exciting to get that first whiff of the sea

总让我很兴奋
and know we were nearly there,

因为我知道很快就终于能下车了
'cause you knew you'd be able to get out of that damn car soon.

这就是气味的美妙之处
That's the incredible thing about smell.

一点那个气味就能让我想起童年的假期
One hint of that scent and I'm remembering my childhood vacations.

但对这些乌龟来说
But for these turtles,

这个气味似乎是在帮它们寻找回家的路
that same smell seems to be about finding their way home.

这里有超过1600公里的海岸线
There's over one thousand miles of shore here.

我们在大堡礁上方
We're on the Great Barrier Reef,

这是地球上最长的珊瑚礁群
the longest stretch of coral anywhere on the planet.

它散发的气味也许能带你去到那个城市
The smell it gives off might get you into the right city...

但把你带到那条街的是另一种气味
...but it's a different smell that's gonna get you to the right street.

雷恩岛另一个有名的东西是鸟类
The only other thing Raine Island is famous for is birds.

天啊 它们真臭
And, oh, boy, do they stink.

-非常独特的气味 -确实很独特
- Very distinct smell, no? - Yeah, that's a very distinct smell.

鸟味很难形容 因为它是混合物
That bird smell is a tricky one because it's a cocktail.

是死鱼味 粪便味和海味儿的结合体
It's a concoction of dead fish and poo, and that sea smell,

它很新鲜 它也发酵了好几个月
and it's fresh, and it's also been sitting there for months.

真的... 很难形容
I mean it's... it's hard to describe,

但非常难忘
but it's pretty unforgettable.

所以这后面的都是原始海鸟粪吗
So all of this back here is the original guano?

-是的 -所以这是...
- Yes. - So this is...

成千上万年的鸟的...
tens of thousands of years of birds...

便便的科学说法是什么
What's the... what's the scientific word for pooping?

-是... -好吧 所以...
- It's... - Okay. All right, so...

-排泄物 -排...
- Evacuating. - Evac...

刚才的听起来真的很不科学
It just... makes me feel very, very unscience-y.

这股味道让我想逃离这个岛
That smell makes me want to evacuate this island.

但也许正是这股臭味吸引了数千只动物...
But it might be that nasty stink that's bringing thousands of animals in...

所以 乌龟识别出珊瑚释放的气体
So, the turtles smell land by picking up the gases released

从而闻到了陆地
by the coral.

然后它们聚集到这个特定的岛屿
And then they hone in on this particular island

因为闻到了鸟的...
because of the smell of the bird...

排泄物
evacuation.

但它们为什么来这里
But why are they coming here?

还有一种水下动物能给我们提供线索
Well, there's another underwater animal that can give us a clue.

就像雷恩岛 印度尼西亚岸边的珊瑚礁
Just like Raine Island, the coral reefs off Indonesia

是一个秘密集会的大本营
are home to a secret gathering.

但不是乌龟
But not turtles.

春天的一晚
On one night in spring,

矶沙蚕突然开始从珊瑚礁中冒出来
Palolo worms suddenly start to emerge from the reef.

在这个过程中 它们会释放一种气味
And as they do, they release a scent.

一种它们天生就会追随的香气
A fragrance they were born to follow.

因为在自然界中 气味并不总意味着食物
Because smell in the natural world doesn't always mean food.

有时 它意味着交配
Sometimes, it means sex.

这种气味足以刺激矶沙蚕排卵
That scent is enough to trigger the worms to release their eggs.

一年仅此一次的大规模产卵
A mass spawning that only happens once a year.

这也是乌龟的意图
That's what the turtles are up to too.

聚到一起产卵
Coming together to lay their eggs.

这片沙滩上没有一只雄性乌龟
No, there's not a single male turtle on this beach.

都是雌性乌龟
They're all girls.

你看这个
Oh, look at this.

这是乌龟蛋的蛋壳
That's a turtle egg shell.

这个蛋没有孵化 你能看出来...
So, this here is an egg that didn't hatch. You can tell...

因为蛋黄都还在里面
...because it's got all the yolk in.

因为蛋壳很坚韧
Because it's leathery.

-它是多孔的 所以... -是的
- It's porous, so... - Yeah.

蛋宝宝... 正在孵化的小乌龟是能闻到气味的
...the baby egg... the baby hatchling inside can actually smell

即使它还在窝里的时候
even while it's in the nest,

就已经开始识别出生地的气味了
and it starts picking up the scent of the island where she was born.

乌龟在这里出生 也在这里产卵
The turtles are born here and they lay their eggs here.

但它们不在这里生活
But they don't live here.

事实上 它们极少上岸
In fact, they rarely come ashore at all.

对很多乌龟来说 这是它们多年来第一次上岸
For many, it's the first time they've been on land for years.

就像宇航员着陆时再次感受重力
And, like an astronaut experiencing gravity again,

它们突然感受到了自己真正的重量
they suddenly feel their true weight.

整整350磅[约320斤]
All 350 pounds of it.

它们挣扎着爬上海滩
They struggle up the beach until they're far enough away

到离潮汐线足够远的地方挖巢
from the tide line to dig a nest.

但天气炎热
But it's hot.

超过100华氏度[37摄氏度]
More than a 100 degrees.

它们得赶紧下蛋 趁还没被太阳烤熟
They need to lay their eggs and get back off the beach

离开海滩
before they get baked in the sun.

它们要抓紧了
They have to rush.

而当你着急时 一个差错...
And when you rush, one slip...

可能就会有致命的后果
can have deadly consequences.

它在晚上尝试下蛋时 从这些石头上
She slipped off these rocks here during the night

滑下来了 所以我们得帮它翻个面
when she was up trying to lay, so we need to turn her on her side

把它扶起来 否则如果它一直这样
um, and get righted up. Otherwise, if she stays like this,

就会在白天被太阳烤死
she's gonna die during the day with the heat of the sun.

-我们能帮忙吗 -非常欢迎
- And can we help? - Yeah, we'd love a hand.

-来吧 -一起把它翻过来吧
- Let's do it. - Let's dig in and help flip her.

好的 我们抬下面
Okay, so we go under.

是的 要小心...
Yeah. And be careful...

它的鳍足 不然你可能会被扇
...from the flipper, otherwise you're gonna get slapped.

小心被扇 懂了 我一直不擅长这点
Avoid being slapped. Got it. Never been good at that.

真棒 真棒
So good. So good.

-小心 -好的
- Be careful. - Yeah.

准备好 一 二 三 翻
Ready. One, two, three, go.

它的鳍足真强壮
That thing is strong.

对 所以让你注意鳍足
Yeah, that's why you watch the flipper.

-所以才会如此让人感动 -这种形象 懂了
- That's why you were so moved. - That figures. Okay, yeah.

它的手臂和我的一样强壮
Her arm is as strong as mine.

就像里面有个... 棒球拍
It's like there's almost a... like a baseball bat

在中间
in the... in the middle of it.

-这么夸张吗 -感觉就是有这么壮
- Seriously? - Like that's how strong it feels.

没有我们帮忙 这只乌龟妈妈几乎肯定会
Without our help, this turtle mom would almost certainly have fried to death

在太阳落山前就被烤死了
before the day was out.

每年有两千只乌龟以这种方式死去
As many as 2000 die that way every single year.

但这只不会
But not this one.

这位乌龟妈妈不会
Not this mom.

它会没事的
She's gonna be okay.

真好
That was beautiful.

它看上去依然很强壮
Wow, she still looks strong too.

游走吧
Off she goes. Look at that.

谢谢你
Thank you.

太奇妙了
That's fantastic.

并不是每个故事都有完美结局
Not every story has a happy ending.

这个气味太难闻了
That is a horrendous smell.

-这只没能撑到最后 -是的
- This one didn't make it. - Yeah.

-太残忍了 -是啊 它几乎快成功了
- Yeah, that's rough. - I know. She almost did it.

你觉得它只是因为太累了吗
And you think it's just exhaustion?

它可能被困在这儿了 太热了
She probably got trapped up here, got too hot.

懂了
Got it.

海滩上超过37摄氏度了
It's over 100 degrees on this beach.

这位母亲冒着一切危险来产卵
This is one mother who braved everything to lay her eggs,

但它再也没能回到海里
but she never made it back to the water.

闻上去它在这儿已经有一阵子了
Smells like she's been here a while too.

从好的一面看 在自然界
The good news is that in nature,

-所有东西都有它的用处 -对的
- nothing is wasted. - Right.

这就是答案
And that's the answer.

鲨鱼是冲着乌龟的腐肉来的
That rotting flesh is what the sharks have come for.

它们不想和活乌龟正面交锋
They don't want to take on a live turtle.

一方面是因为鳍足
Those flippers, for one thing.

而且也没这个必要
But they don't have to.

有很多死去的乌龟可以吃
There are plenty of dead ones to eat instead.

许多乌龟妈妈来这里下蛋
Dozens of mothers who came here to lay their eggs,

但在能够回到海里之前就死了
but died before they could get back to the sea.

鲨鱼只需要在浅滩处
All the sharks have to do is wait in the shallows

等待涨潮
for the tide to rise.

吸引鲨鱼过来的是死亡的气味
The smell that draws the sharks here is the smell of death.

牺牲的气味
The smell of sacrifice.

尽管这么危险 存活下来的乌龟妈妈
Despite the dangers, any mother that survives

还会循着这片岛的气味再次回来
will be back following the scent of the island,

再次赌上生命
risking their lives once again.

这是气味的有趣之处
That's the funny thing about smell.

它对不同生物有不同的含义
It means different things to different creatures.

生命和生育引来了乌龟
Life and birth brings the turtles.

我们闻到的是鸟屎 它们闻到的是家
Where we smell bird poop, they smell home.

腐烂味引来了鲨鱼
Decay is bringing the sharks.

我们闻到的是死亡 它们闻到的是晚餐
Where we smell death... they smell dinner.

我们也闻到同样的气味
We pick up those same smells.

只是没有真正理解它们
It's just that we don't truly understand them.

触发我们乡愁回忆的气味在动物世界
What triggers a nostalgic memory for us might mean life or death

也许就意味着生死
in the animal world.

割草的气味其实是求救信号
The smell of cut grass is really a cry for help.

森林下雨的气味其实是真菌的气味
The smell of forest rain is really the smell of fungus.

海的气味其实是海岸的气味
And the smell of sea is actually the smell of shore.

你知道更不可思议的是什么吗
You know what's even crazier?

它们几十年来都能记住这种独特气味
They can remember that exact smell for decades

因为直到繁殖期 它们才会回来
because they don't come back here until their breeding age,

可能是三十年 甚至更长
and that could be thirty years or older.

三十年
Thirty years.

它们靠三十年前闻过的气味记住了这里
They remember this place from a smell they smelled thirty years ago?

你能记得三十年前的什么气味吗
Do you remember how anything smelled thirty years ago?

不... 我不能
I don't... No.

周日的早餐 煎培根的味道
Sunday morning breakfast and the smell of bacon frying.

那个味道很美妙
That smell was spectacular.

我记得 我爸是个机械工
And I remember my father who was a... a mechanic,

所以他总是...
so he always worked with...

和汽油打交道 他有个用了20年的钥匙皮包
...oils and he had, like, a 20-year-old leather key pouch.

汽油和污渍渗入了那个皮包
The combination of oil and dirt ground into that leather,

我其实很喜欢那个味道
I actually used to like the smell.

你为什么会去闻...
What would possess you to smell...

我从未... 我记得那个味道
I never... Yes, I remember that.

和其他感官不同
More than any other sense,

气味与我们的记忆和情感交织在一起
smell is intertwined with our memory and our emotions.

这是至今依旧强大的古老的本能
It's an ancient instinct that's just as powerful today.

是连接着每个生物的通用语言
It's a universal language that links each and every living thing.

加油 小家伙 你可以的
Come on, little one. You can make it.

做得好 小家伙
Good job, young fella.

但它的意义对你来说是独一无二的
But its meaning is personal to you and you alone.

前方有更多秘密世界
More hidden worlds lie ahead.

在地球最古老的沙漠
In the oldest desert on Earth...

我解锁了神秘力量...
I unlock the secret forces...

这股力量驱动着地球
driving our planet,

宇宙
the universe,

生命
life,

还有我们
and us.

第五集

第一季第五集中英文对照剧本

展开收缩

纳米比亚 纳米布沙漠

艾伯特·林

探险家/工程师

迪瓦·阿蒙博士

探险家/海洋生物学家

挪威

德韦恩·菲尔茨

探险家/极地探险家

玻利维亚 乌尤尼盐沼

我想要一面完美的镜子

我需要水深大约10公分

好极了

好的 我们就把相机架在这里

杰森·韦尔塔

摄影师

好了 三二一 开拍

今年的第一条银河

这是你第一次在沙丘上开车吗
This is your first time driving in the dunes?

我以前来过沙丘 但没在这开过车
I've been on dunes before. Nothing like this, ever.

-我们用的还是低档吧 -应该是
- We're still in low, right? - I hope.

注意 威尔 别开太快了
All right, Will, not too fast.

你就是让我"小心点"
"Pay attention", is basically what you're saying.

最好避免这些惯性滑行
All of that freewheeling I was doing, better cut that stuff out.

开上坡会更疯狂的
Think it's up there that it gets crazier.

天啊
Good heavens.

只有经历才会让你成长
You only learn through experience.

今天不太想成长
Don't want to learn too much today.

这... 来真的了
All right, this... this is a serious one.

这也太夸张了
This is ridiculous.

小心
Look out, ooh!

-你准备好了吗 -你准备好了就行
- You ready? - I'm ready when you are.

天呐
Oh, my God.

好陡峭
It's a steep one.

我可以的
I got you, I got you.

这是一个关于速度的故事
This is a story about speed.

天呐 威尔
Oh, my God, Will.

不是关于我碾过沙丘的速度有多快
Not how quick I'm shredding these dunes.

而是关于另一种速度
A different sort of speed.

事情发展得如此之快或如此之慢的隐秘世界
A hidden world where things go so fast or so slow...

以至于我们甚至不知道事情发生了
we don't even know they're happening.

你现在是禅宗探险家那一派的
You got your real, like, Zen explorer thing happening right now.

这里什么都没发生
There's, like, nothing happening here.

其实是有的
There's stuff happening here.

得耐心等待
You gotta be patient.

你会发现的
You'll see.

事情是这样的
So here's the deal.

我带威尔穿过世界上最古老的沙漠
I'm taking Will across the oldest desert in the world.

旅途的每一站 我会用最新的科技
And at each pit stop, I'm gonna use state-of-the-art technology

来揭示他到底错过了多少世界
to try to reveal how much of the world he's actually missing.

大自然经常一掠而过 或鹅行鸭步
'Cause often, nature just whizzes by too fast or creeps along too slowly

我们甚至注意不到
for us to even notice.

这一切听起来都很不着边际
It all sounds pretty far-fetched.

但显然 速度的秘密世界无处不在
But apparently, this hidden world of speed is everywhere.

即使是在水下24米
Even 80 feet underwater.

测试 一 二 三
Comm check, one, two, three.

好多海葵
There are a lot of anemones.

第一眼看上去像数百个小海葵
At first glance, it looks like just hundreds of tiny anemones,

锚定在石头上
anchored to the rocks.

但如果耐心地拍摄它们
But film them patiently...

然后倍速播放
...then speed it up...

这个袖珍世界就活跃起来了
...and this miniature world comes to life.

因为海葵其实是动物
Because anemones are actually animals.

你觉得动物会做的事 它们都会做
And they do everything you'd expect animals to do.

它们会吃东西
They feed.

打架
They fight.

把自己一分为二来繁衍后代
They breed by splitting themselves in two.

更令人吃惊的是
And even more surprising than that...

它们还会移动...
they move...

以一种奇怪的方式奔跑
using a weird sort of gallop.

"布偶奇遇记"里 海葵似乎要不停迁移才能生存
Seems like down in Fraggle Rock, anemones have to travel to survive.

虽然这些家伙看上去比停着的车还慢
Just because those dudes look slower than a parked car,

但这不意味着它们没在移动
doesn't mean they ain't moving.

对于快如闪电的生物来说也同理
Same goes for creatures that move fast as lightning.

这是我和艾伯特接下来想看的
That's what Albert and I are after next.

但要想捕捉到它们
But to capture them,

你最好有个反应敏捷的摄影师
you better have a cameraman who's quick on the draw.

它行动的那一刻 你必须要一触即发
The second it hits, you have to be, like, on a hair trigger.

-一触即发 -你需要抓住
- Hair trigger. - And you have to get it

你看见它的那一秒 几乎是要预判
exactly at the moment that you see it, almost predict it.

几乎要预判到... 我得扑上去
Almost predict... I have to, like, lean into it?

所以就像原力 我得用原力按下这个键
So it's like the Force, I have to use the Force to push this

然后它会记录下最后两秒
and it's gonna record the last two seconds.

就像记录过去 相机记录的是过去
It's like recording the past. The camera records the past.

-它一直在拍 -一直在拍
- It's rolling all the time. - It's rolling all the time,

然后我一按 它就会记录下过去的两秒
and then when I hit, it'll record the last two seconds?

对 因为它拍得很快...
Yeah. Just because it's rolling so fast...

好的 我只是想弄清原理
All right. I'm just trying to understand,

我不想弄坏你的东西
'cause I don't want to mess up the thing you got.

我们用的是很厉害的慢动作相机
We're using an incredibly powerful slow motion camera

尝试捕捉生物学中最快的肌肉动作之一
to try and capture one of the fastest muscle movements in biology.

但是否成功取决于威尔的反射弧
But success is gonna be dependent on Will's reflexes.

-你准备好了吗 -好了
- You ready? - Yeah.

你好了吗 威尔 别搞砸了
You got it? Don't screw this up, Will.

艾伯特 别动
Albert, be still.

-我得调整下相机 -你为什么在动
- I gotta adjust the camera. - Why are you moving?

-因为它在动 -但你别动了
- 'Cause he's moving. He's moving. - But just be still.

它发现了
He sees it. He sees it.

好了 准备好了
There we go. Okay. Ready.

别忘了 刚好拍下那个时刻
Remember, get it exactly at the right moment.

这虫子真酥脆
Damn, that's a crunchy bug.

你的慢反应怎么样
How are your slow reactions?

我反应很快
My reactions are great.

-我们来看看 -我的反应很棒
- Let's see. - My reactions are so good,

我可能比变色龙更先行动
I might be before the chameleon.

我设置了最大延迟
I had to put it on the maximum delay.

天哪
Oh, man.

我其实不知道我有没有拍到
I have no idea whether I got it or not.

但我不会告诉艾伯特的
But there is no way I'm telling Albert that.

不 我非常确定我拍到了
No, I'm pretty sure I did.

你真自信
He's confident.

我们把相机拍的画面
So we slowed...

慢速40倍播放
everything down by 40 times with this camera.

看看你得反应多快 才能在这里捕食
Let's see how quick you needed to be to get food around here.

你运气真好
Oh, you got lucky!

我们放大看看
Right, let's zoom in.

我刚注意到这加速度是如何积累的...
I'm just noticing how that acceleration builds...

然后嗖的一声 现实中根本看不到
and then, whoosh! Like, you just don't see any of that in real time.

毫秒之内 舌头的速度就从0加到了60
That tongue goes from zero to 60 in just a few hundredths of a second.

比超跑还快百倍
That's nearly a hundred times faster than any supercar.

这就是为什么我们只能看到模糊的动态
Which is why we just see a blur.

它的速度比我们大脑实际看到
That blur is happening at a speed faster than our brains can actually

-和处理数据的速度还要快 -对
- see and process the data. - Yeah. Yeah.

你越大 生命的运动看上去就越快
The bigger you are, the faster life seems to be.

你越小 看上去就越慢
The smaller, the slower.

蜥蜴的舌头是整个动物王国里
That lizard's tongue is one of the fastest movements

动作最快的之一
in the entire animal kingdom.

但有的生物想出了一种方法
But there are some creatures that have figured out a way

来利用远超它们身体能力的速度
to use speeds way beyond what their bodies are capable of.

每年秋天 无数鲱鱼迁徙到这些峡湾
Each fall, billions of herring migrate into these fjords.

有个可怕的捕食者会跟随着它们
And they're followed by a fearsome predator.

太神奇了
It's amazing!

问题在于 虎鲸有6米长 行动缓慢
Problem is, orca are 20-foot-long and slow.

鲱鱼只有30厘米长 行动快速
Herring are one foot long and fast.

所以这些大鲸鱼想了一个绝妙的办法
So, the big whales have come up with an ingenious solution.

一个快到看不见的办法
Something far too fast to see.

但也许可以听见
But I just might be able to hear.

就是它了
That was it!

这是虎鲸通过摆尾
That's the sound of an orca

制造冲击波的声音
creating a shock wave by slapping its tail.

这种脉冲能以每小时1600多公里的速度
That pulse can travel through the water

在海里传播
at more than a thousand miles an hour.

它能击晕鲱鱼 使它们昏迷
And it stuns the herring, knocking them out cold...

然后虎鲸就能大快朵颐了
...so the orca can just scoop them up.

太天才了
Genius.

但不仅动物有速度
Speed isn't just about the animals though.

水本身也在以我们看不见的方式运动
The water itself is working in ways we can't see.

即使在沙漠里 艾伯特也有办法向我展示
And even in a desert, Albert's found a way to show me how.

这可真是出乎我的意料
Now, that is something I was not expecting.

看啊
Look at that!

这是非洲有最多鳄鱼的河流之一
That's one of the most crocodile-infested rivers in Africa.

据说平均每周会有三个人
They say there's three people a week

被这条河里的鳄鱼咬伤
who get bit by a crocodile on this river.

我们就别掺和了
Let's not add to that.

问题是
And the thing is,

要看到我想看的东西 就得找到完美的拍摄角度
to see what I want to see, I have to get the perfect camera angle.

也就意味着我们得到河对岸去
Which means that Will and I have to get to the other side of that river.

所以这里有桥什么的吗
So is there a bridge or something?

-我有一个小的无人机 -好的
- I got a little drone. - All right.

没准我可以牵一条绳子过去
Maybe I can fly a line out to the other side,

绕在这些大树上
around one of those big trees,

然后我们就能跨到河对岸
and we can get across onto the other side

看能不能拍到更多瀑布 你想过去吗
and see if we can see more of the falls. Do you wanna to do that?

我希望你能搞定 因为我自己
Well, I hope you can do that, 'cause I have a hard time

连用遥控器选电视频道都有困难
getting my remote to put the right stuff on the TV I want.

所以如果你能用无人机拉条线 那我支持你
So, if you can fly a drone with a line, I'm with you.

这应该能行
That should probably do it.

-准备好了吗 -好了
- Yeah. Are you ready? - Yeah.

-小心转子 -好的
- Watch out for the rotors. - Yeah.

我要启动了
Okay, I'm gonna go.

我想的是 拉一根轻绳到对岸的树上
The idea is to fly the light line around the tree on the other side.

然后用它牵引一根较重的攀岩绳过去
And then we'll use that line to pull a heavy climbing rope across.

有点马盖先的感觉了 往下来了
That's some MacGyver vibes you got going. Coming down.

降落
Landing.

-做得好 -我喜欢
- Good job. - Love that.

现在我们把绳子系在这上面
Now we'll tie the line around this,

拉一圈过来 然后我先过去
pull it around. I'll go across.

希望我别掉下去
Hopefully, I won't fall.

再把你拉过来
And then pull you across.

这真的不能出差错
'Cause there's really, like, no room for error here.

你把我说紧张了
You got me nervous.

看上去还可以吗 有什么在晃吗
Looks good? Anything dangling?

只有你在晃
Just you.

-准备好了吗 -对面见
- Ready? - See you on the other side.

好的
Yeah.

说实话
I am not gonna lie.

有时 我会忘记艾伯特的腿
I sometimes forget about Albert's leg,

他的行动如此自如
he just moves so well.

因为他的假肢当然也和他的
'Cause, of course, his prosthetic leg is as high-tech

其他装备一样高科技
as everything else about him.

-做得好 -我们做到了
- There you go. - Made it.

-你准备好接我了吗 -放心吧
- You got me? - I got you.

再远点 继续前进
Little further. Keep going.

往下看
Look down!

考验真男人的时候
Oh, that's a man-tester.

-天呐 -你开心吗 我们做到了
- Jeez. - You glad we did it?

当然 人总是事后诸葛亮
Oh, yeah. You're always happy you did it afterwards.

拍电影时 这是替身的工作
In a movie, my stuntman would've did that.

这里可没有替身
No stuntman here.

得亲自上阵
No stuntman here.

说实话 艾伯特不需要替身
Truth be told, Albert doesn't need a stuntman.

这个男人都自己搞定了
My man here just takes it all in his stride.

而且他的力量甚至更大
And more power to him.

你可能以为失去一条腿会阻碍他的步伐
'Cause you'd have thought losing a leg would've stopped him in his tracks.

当你回顾某个时刻 并意识到它有多重要
It's incredible when you can look back at a single moment

真的是件很不可思议的事
and realize just how important it was.

我当时和朋友一起坐车
I was riding along with a friend in a vehicle...

然后突然间 一切都开始变慢
and then in an instant, everything begins to slow down,

感觉就像变天了
all reality seemed to shift.

在那场车祸中 我失去了一条腿
I lost my leg in that car accident.

但科技帮助我重新定义了我的极限
But technology has helped me be able to define my own limitations.

奇怪的是 我并没感觉失去了什么
You know, strangely, I don't actually feel like

其实我感觉我收获了很多
I've lost anything, I actually feel like I've gained.

这件事改变了我
It transformed who I am.

让我看见了我本来看不到的世界
It gave me insights into a reality that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

我们把相机架在这里吧
Let's build the camera rig right here.

你的高科技装备可真多
You got a lot of high-tech gear.

我们要尝试捕捉极限速度
Well, we're trying to capture some pretty extreme speeds.

别忘了我们来这的目的 我们想看到隐形的东西
Let's not forget what we're up to here. We're trying to see the invisible.

-画面怎么样 -太美了
- How's the image? - It's gorgeous.

不错 你准备好了跟我说
Great, ready when you are.

开拍
Action.

特写 慢速
Close up and slowed down...

你就能看见瀑布真实的样子
you see the waterfall for what it really is.

无数个...
Millions...

微小的爆炸
of tiny explosions.

再放大点 会发现所有水滴都在持续变换形状
Watch even closer, and you see that each droplet is constantly changing shape.

最大的那些变成降落伞型 然后炸开
The biggest ones turn into parachutes and then blow apart.

现在改变速度
Okay, now let's change speed

拍摄整个瀑布 但改用延时摄影
and look at the whole waterfall, but in time-lapse.

太美了 完全不一样
Wow, that's beautiful. It's totally different.

看看那些沟壑
Just look at those ravines!

所有微小的爆炸都被完全抹平了
All of those tiny explosions have completely smoothed out.

当你这样看瀑布时
When you look at it like that...

几乎能明显看出水流在侵蚀石头
it almost is obvious that the water is sawing the rocks away.

对吧 这样看的时候
Right? When you look at it like that.

你就会想 "水流显然在侵蚀石头"
It's like, "Oh, yeah. Obviously, that's cutting the rock."

在这种速度下
At this speed,

我们真正看见了地球的面貌如何变化
we are literally seeing how the face of the Earth changes.

这是一种完全不同的体验
It's a completely different experience of it.

这次疯狂的旅程还有一站
There's one more stop on this crazy trip.

看看连艾伯特的相机都拍不到的东西
To see something even Albert's cameras can't reveal.

但如果想要去到那里
But apparently, we can only get there

显然只能跃入地面上的一个大洞
by leaping into a giant hole in the ground.

我们当然会下去
Because of course we do.

下来了
Coming down.

这太疯狂了
This is crazy.

太大了
It's huge.

感觉就像这后面有个洞穴
So, it's like there's a cave that goes around back there,

那后面还有个洞穴
and a cave that goes back there.

在我们来到这里的路上
In all of the hours it took us to get here,

没有一刻让我觉得
not for one moment did it look like there was anywhere

这里有可以潜水的地方
that you could go scuba diving.

就是想让你看看
Just goes to show you.

根据这里的情况
Can you tell anything about

你能猜到水下可能有什么吗
what might be under the water based on what's out here?

只有一种方法能知道
Well, I think there's only one way to find out.

那就是潜下去 对吧
And that's by going in, right?

我觉得我们可以从这里下去 然后从这里进去
I bet we can get down around here and maybe enter in over here?

我不太确定艾伯特是怎么说服我的
I'm not entirely sure how Albert gets me to agree to this stuff.

他就像在说 "威尔 相信我 这很安全"
He's like, "Trust me, Will. Trust me. This isn't dangerous."

你还好吗
You feel good?

还好 下去一下就上来
Yeah. Just pop down and pop up.

准备好了吗
Okay. Ready?

这是世界上最大的地下湖之一
This is one of the biggest underground lakes in the world.

至少有180米深
At least 600 feet deep.

这就是我们来这里的原因
And this is why we came here.

钟乳石
Stalactites.

地球上生长最缓慢的东西之一
One of the slowest-growing things on the planet.

通过测量它们 我们可以回到过去
By measuring them, we can go back in time.

它一千年才能生长2.5厘米
Each inch takes a thousand years to grow.

也就是说这个已经超过十五万年了
Meaning this one has been here for more than 150,000 years.

但这些钟乳石不仅是年纪大
But these stalactites, they're not just old.

它们还是时间胶囊
They're time capsules.

随着钟乳石一滴一滴地形成
As stalactites form, drip by drip...

空气和土壤的小碎片会被包裹在里面
tiny fragments of air and soil get trapped inside.

这些地球的快照
Snapshots of our planet that stretch

可以追溯到人类出现之前很久
way back before us humans were here.

每次旱灾
Every drought...

洪水
every flood...

冰川时代
every ice age...

还有森林火灾
every forest fire

都被盖上时间戳 留下了永久记录
is timestamped and recorded forever.

地球变化的速度
The speed that the Earth has changed...

被这个终极的延时相机捕捉下来了
captured on the ultimate time-lapse camera.

太奇妙了
That was incredible.

太神奇了 我没想到会有这么深
That's ridiculous, I didn't think it was gonna be that deep.

一直往下延伸
It just kept going.

我承认 是挺恐怖的
Okay, it was scary.

我说实话了
I'm going to be honest.

我还是得坦白
I'm gonna keep it real.

我说实话 真的恐怖
I'm gonna keep it real. It was terrifying.

这是我经历过的
That's about as epic an undertaking as I've ever...

史诗级的任务之一
...been a part of.

最疯狂的还是地势
What's crazy is the terrain.

根本没想到地面下会有这种地方
You just never expect that's under the ground.

就...
Like, you just...

那种地方怎么会在地下啊
It's like, how did that get under there?

这一路上 从我起床的那一刻
All the way along, from the moment I woke up...

到现在在车里
to being in this car,

我们经历的所有事
everything that we experienced

都和我想象中的不同
was different than what I thought it was gonna be...

以至于我能看出 如果我没跟你一起探险
to the point that I could see how my perception

我的观念会如何限制我的体验
would have limited my experience if I wasn't following you.

纳米比亚给了我很多这种感受
And Namibia does that to me a lot.

和我想象中的实在太不一样了
It's just different than I thought it was gonna be.

无论在我的思维框架里
Whatever my frame of reference has been for

洞穴 水和沙子是什么样的
caves and water and sand,

纳米比亚处处都在
Namibia is destroying, at every turn,

颠覆我的想象
what I think something is going to be.

大自然以最奇妙的方式展现自己 对吧
Yeah, nature reveals itself in the most incredible ways, right?

说得真好
Yeah, for sure.

你说出了我心里想的
Now, that's the better way to say what I wanted to say.

-你也可以用这句话 -"大自然..." 我可以用吗
- You can use it. - "Nature reveal..." I can have it?

-谢谢你 -随便用
- Thank you. - Yeah, go for it.

-我要印在短袖上 -请便
- I'm gonna put it on a t-shirt. Yeah. - Do it, yeah.

"大自然以最奇妙的方式展现自己"
"Nature reveals itself in such a beautiful way."

旅途还在继续
And we're not finished yet.

大自然还有更多想展现的
Nature has more revealing to do.

没有什么地方
Nowhere more beautifully...

比世界上最大的盐湖更美丽了
than on the biggest salt flats in the world.

这片一万平方公里的盐沼
Those four and a half thousand miles

能以更惊人的规模展现速度
can reveal speed on an even more epic scale.

每年的雨季
Once a year, the arrival of the rains...

都会把大片盐湖变成一个
...transform the vast salt flats...

大得似乎能照出世间万物的镜子
into a mirror so large it seems to reflect everything.

白天 它看上去超凡脱俗
During the day, it's otherworldly.

但当夜幕降临时
But it's when night falls

这面宇宙之镜的真正魔力才得以显现
that the true magic of this cosmic mirror is revealed.

延时摄影会向我们展示星辰的运动
A time-lapse shows us the stars in motion.

但把镜头转向银河
But lock the camera to the Milky Way,

你才能看到天上真正发生的事
and you get to see what's really going on up there.

在移动的其实是我们
The movement is actually us.

地球绕自转轴以每小时1600千里的速度转动
Our planet spinning on its axis at 1,000 miles an hour.

我们还能看到 地球在飞快穿过太阳系
We can also tell that we're racing through the solar system...

时速高达10万公里
at 67,000 miles an hour.

我们甚至还没用完二档呢
And we're not even out of second gear yet.

我们的整个星系都在围绕中心旋转
Our entire galaxy is spinning about its center.

到明天的这个时候
By this time tomorrow,

我们已经在太空中飞驰了超过1600万公里
we will have hurtled more than ten million miles through space.

这真是快得可怕
Which is frighteningly fast.

但银河实在太大了
But the Milky Way is so huge,

我们得花两亿年才能穿过去
to go all the way around. it's gonna take us 200 million years

听上去又非常慢
Which sounds painfully slow.

最夸张的事情是
And the craziest thing of all...

尽管我们在以不可思议的速度穿过太空
despite being hurled through space at incomprehensible speeds...

我们却一点都感觉不到
we can't feel any of it.

所以究竟是什么都没发生
So, is nothing happening here...

还是整个世界都在悄悄地移动呢
or is the whole world invisibly moving?

艾伯特的镜头给出了答案
Albert's camera has the answer.

威尔 如果我们追踪沙砾
You see, Will, if we track the grains,

就能看到它们是如何弹跳的
you can watch how they bounce.

这整个沙丘都在发生着弹跳
That bouncing is happening across this whole dune.

太疯狂了
That's crazy.

就像海洋在移动
It's like it's moving like the ocean.

从全景来看 这些小波浪正在朝我们涌来
When we see all this, these little waves marching towards us,

它正在发生着
It's happening.

只是比我们能感知到的慢得多
It's just happening at a much slower pace, beyond our perception.

如果把画面拉得更远...
And if we zoom out further...

整个沙漠就在我们的脚下移动
The whole desert is in motion right under our feet.

而正因为它一直在移动
And the fact that it's constantly on the move

所以才会长期保持沙漠状态
is the reason it's stayed a desert for so long.

没有什么能在这里落脚
Nothing else can get a foothold here.

没有植物能在这里扎根
No plants can anchor their roots.

也就没有动物来吃植物
No animals can arrive to eat the plants.

没有城镇能在这里打地基
No town can build foundations.

所以 这个沙漠能保持不变
So, this desert is unchanging

是因为它一直在移动
because it's always, always moving.

它表面上的永恒...
So, the appearance of permanence...

正是基于它瞬息万变的力量
is based on the power of its impermanence.

你喜欢这句吗 就想送你一首小诗
You like that? That was just a little... Just tossing a little poetry at you.

其实这诗挺长的
That was a big one, though.

世界就像一连串的发条齿轮
Our world is like a series of clockwork cogs,

都在以不同的速度转动
all turning at different speeds.

有的太慢 导致我们看不见
Some too slow for us to see.

有的则是太快
Others, too fast.

但所有事物都在不断移动着
But all of them in constant motion.

我们周围的动物
The animals around us...

脚下的土地
the land beneath us...

和宇宙万象
and the universe above.

都在自己的齿轮上
Each is moving at its own pace...

以自己的速度转动着
on its own cog.

我们很容易认为 我们所看到的就是一切
It's tempting to think that what we see is all there is.

但每分每秒
But every minute of every day,

都有其他的现实与我们并存
there are other realities living alongside us.

和我们一样完美 宝贵
Each one as perfect and precious as ours.

下一集
Next time,

秘密世界其实就在我身体里
the hidden world is actually inside me.

你好 我是威尔
Hello! My name is Will!

在寒冷冰冻的荒野里
In a crazy, frozen wilderness,

是时候检验我能否成为真正的探险家了
it's time to see if I've got what it takes to be a true explorer.

我还活着
You didn't kill me.

真的还活着
You didn't kill me.

["星球大战"中的超自然的神秘力量]

[美剧"百战天龙"主角 擅长用瑞士刀等东西解决各种事]

第六集

第一季第六集中英文对照剧本

展开收缩

超越恐惧

德韦恩·菲尔茨

探险家/极地探险家

冰岛某地

你觉得往哪走最好?

巴西 千湖沙漠

马尔代夫 芭环礁

迪瓦·阿蒙博士

探险家/海洋生物学家

赛迪·艾哈迈德

环保主义者

我选择现在这种生活方式 很大一部分原因是...
A big part of why I live my life the way I do today...

我从小就很胆小
is because I was fearful as a child.

你最害怕什么
What was your biggest fear?

我什么都害怕
I was scared of everything.

我是小区里最小的孩子之一
I was one of the youngest kids in the neighborhood.

我总被人欺负
I got... I got bullied all the time, you know?

我认为我们的环境有些严酷
I think there was a certain harshness to our environment.

-但我喜欢这种... -是的
- But I love the challenge... - Yeah.

必须征服自我意识的挑战
...of having to conquer my mind.

-没多少人见过或体验过这个场景 -是啊
- This hasn't been seen or experienced by many people. - Yeah.

这儿很难到达 也很难生存
It's difficult to get to. It's difficult to survive in.

-我们将要在这野外徒步 -真的吗
- We're gonna be walking around out there. - Really?

你能看到所有的这些裂缝吧
You can see all the cracks along, yeah?

是的 看着好像真的能下去
The cracks, yeah. It looks like you could actually go down.

看着好像会发生不幸
It looks like things could go wrong.

这事就没有我做过或有信心做到的部分
There's no part of this that's anything I've ever done or feel confident doing.

实话实说
I won't lie.

在前五次探险中
Over five expeditions,

我曾跟着探险家进入那些极端的险境
I've followed explorers into situations that were straight-up scary.

太惊人了
That's crazy.

岩石 岩石
Rock, rock, rock, rock.

为了找寻地球上的奇观 这都是值得的
It was worth it to discover the Earth's wonders.

但我不止一次陷入焦虑
But your boy was tripping more than once.

因为当我看到荒野
Because when I see wilderness,

看到纯粹的大自然 我就会紧张
you know, nothing but nature, I get nervous.

因为我不了解它
Because I don't understand it.

所以 这就是我的下一步
So, that's the next step for me.

投身于未知的环境
Throw myself into the unknown,

并努力战胜自己的恐惧
and try to beat my own fear.

这一次 不是为了发现世界
This time, it's not about discovering the world.

而是为了发现自我
It's about discovering myself.

好冷
It's cold.

这绝对是我第一次踏上冰川
That's my first glacier. That's my first glacier for sure.

从没在这么厚的冰面上走过
Never walked on this much ice before.

-这儿松动了 -是的
- This is loose. - Yeah, yeah.

所以我现在正身处于无人之境
So, here I am in the middle of nowhere.

而德韦恩告诉我 我们要跨越冰川
And Dwayne is telling me, we have to navigate off the ice

并找到海洋
and find the ocean.

不能用地图或手机
Without maps, without phones,

在整个地球上环境最极端的地方之一
in one of the most extreme places on the entire planet.

所以你为什么选了这个方向
So, why have you chosen this direction?

因为这儿有条小溪
Because we've got a nice little stream there.

冰层正在一点点融化
So, the ice is melting ever so slightly.

流入这些小小的水道
Sort of draining into these little channels.

并且它在向下游流动
And it's making its way downstream.

懂了 小溪会在冰川上形成清晰的路线 很好
Got it. The water is gonna take a clear route off the glacier. Cool.

德韦恩的任务是逼我一把
Dwayne's job is to push me,

我则要配合他
and my job is to let him.

这真恐怖
This is wild.

稍等一下
Hold it. Hold it there.

我觉得我们应该下去看看
I feel like we might just wanna go and have a look.

-好吧 听我说 -好的
- All right. I mean, listen. - Yeah.

只要你下去了...
Once you go down...

并成功地回来了 我会很乐意下去的
...and you successfully make it back up, I'm more than happy to go.

如果我下去了... 你一个人留在这上面
If I go down... and you're left up here by yourself,

-你会崩溃的 所以你也... -大概是的
- you're gonna be ruined. So, you come... - Yeah. I probably... Yeah.

-你跟着我 -好吧
- You stay with me, you stay with me. - Okay.

像这样的冰洞是非常难以预测的
Ice holes like these are wildly unpredictable.

它们可能深15米 也可能超过300米
They can go down 50 feet or over 1,000.

但想要搞清楚 就只能下去看看
But the only way to know for sure is to go in.

走吧
Let's go.

感觉怎样
How's that feeling?

你清楚得很
You know exactly how it's feeling.

太吓人了
It's scary as hell.

慢慢来
Nice and slow.

很好
Good.

很不错
Good work.

-越往下爬 声音就越来越大 -是的
- It gets so much louder as you get lower. - Yeah.

看得出来 你开始信任这条绳子了
You're starting to trust the rope now, I can see it.

我也没别的选择 不是吗
I really don't have much choice, do I?

-它最好牢靠 -是的
- It better work. - Yeah.

对我来说够结实了
Uh, lock off for me.

放松就好
And just relax.

非常安全
It's perfectly safe.

-他充满自信地说 -充满自信
- He said confidently. - He says confidently.

-你听到那个裂缝了吗 -听到了
- Did you hear that crack? - Yeah.

它一直在移动
It's just constantly moving.

一半人都会说 噩梦就是由这种事组成的
This is the kind of thing that half of people would say

你往下爬 进入一个不断变化的
nightmares are made of. You're climbing down into an environment

-环境 -是的
- that's constantly changing and shifting. - Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

而且还有水灌进来 "你疯了吗"
And there's water filling in there. "Are you mad?"

-正是这样 -这是个好问题
- Yeah. - That's the question.

我们中一半人是这么认为的
Ha... half of us think that.

威尔 愿意再往下爬吗
Will, you happy to go lower?

开玩笑的吧
You've gotta be kidding me.

现在 往下看
Now, look down.

很惊人吧
Isn't that something?

-这个洞瞬间变成了无底洞 -没有尽头
- That hole just drops away into infinity. - Oblivion.

我们的绳子应该不够爬到底了
I don't think we've got enough rope to go all the way down there.

太疯狂了
That's crazy.

虽然悬挂在一个无底洞上方并不是我的专长
Now, dangling over a bottomless pit isn't exactly my bag,

但... 尽管可怕 也让人感到自由
but... man, scary as it is, it's liberating.

你好 我是威尔
Hello! My name is Will!

威尔想知道
And Will wants to know,

要怎么逃离这片荒郊野外
how the hell to get out of this wilderness.

人们说 秘诀在于寻找线索
Well, they say the secret is to look for clues.

想象下 在沙漠中做一个渔民
Imagine what it takes... to be a fisherman...

需要什么
in a desert!

你需要一点帮助 对吧
You'd need a little help... right?

甲鲶鱼可不是普通的鱼
An armored catfish is, well, no ordinary fish.

它能在陆地上生存
It can survive on land.

而当它需要找到水时...
Then, when it needs to find water...

出发
bam!

它便踏上了征程
It's a fish on a mission.

渔民们没法这样找到水
The fishermen can't find water that way.

但他们可以跟着甲鲶鱼
But they can follow the fish.

收获颇丰
That's beautiful!

事实证明 总有线索能指引方向...
Turns out, there are always clues to navigating...

即使是在最贫瘠的地方
even in the most barren terrain.

但知道什么能作为线索...
But knowing what is a clue...

才是最难的地方
that's the tricky part.

看那个
Look at that.

那是只鸟 德韦恩
It's... it's a bird, Dwayne.

这些鸟就是我们走下冰川的线索
These birds, they're a clue to getting off this glacier.

冰上的食物很少
There's slim pickings on the ice.

这里的鸟儿要找到水体才能获得食物
Birds here have to find water to get food.

而且这个水体将比我们至今看到的都大
And it will be something bigger than we've seen so far.

这些水都是从冰川上流下来的
All this water is coming from the glacier?

是的
Yep.

这有个好处就是...
And the good thing about this is...

如果我们一直跟着它走 最终就能到达海边
if we follow it long enough, eventually, it's gonna take us to the sea.

这意味着什么
Getting to the sea means what?

如果事关生存
If it's a survival situation,

这就意味着你更有可能找到人类
getting to the sea means you're more likely to find people.

-懂了 -意味着有食物
- Got it. - It means there's food.

现在怎么办
What now?

我现在在找能下水的地方
So, what I'm doing, I'm just looking for somewhere

把皮划艇放进去
to get onto the water and get the kayak in.

我们要找地方把皮划艇放进去
We're looking for a spot to put the kayak in.

-是的 -这里显然不行
- Yeah. - And this is clearly not it.

这儿太危险了 不够好
That's dangerous. That's... that's not too good.

但再往下走 水流可能会平缓很多
But down there, it's probably gonna calm down quite a lot.

我知道在这样的河里划皮划艇看着挺吓人
I know kayaking a river like this looks scary.

但这是很重要的一步
But it's an important step.

因为拥有征服危险和陌生环境的信心
Because having the confidence to navigate the dangerous and unfamiliar

是成为一名探险家的核心所在
is at the heart of what it is to be an explorer.

首先 我们要找个平缓的下水点
First, we need to find a gentle launch point for the boat.

"平缓"到我必须穿上防水服
So "gentle" that I have to put on a waterproof suit.

很好 很好 继续
Nice, nice. Keep on coming, keep on coming.

好极了
Yeah, man.

我要把筏子拿出来了
So, I'm gonna get the raft out.

你之前说的时候
When you talked about it earlier,

我的想象跟这个好像不太一样
I kind of saw something different in my mind.

你以为是怎样的
What did you see?

就是... 皮划艇
Well... a kayak.

-是吧 -是啊
- Yeah. - Yeah.

这就是个橡胶的... 筏子
This is like a rubber... uh, floaty.

没错
Yeah.

好了 我们现在要做的是
All right. So, what we're gonna do now,

-把它放下去 -好的
- we're gonna lower it down. - Yup.

-我说的我们... -意思是我吗
- And by we... - You mean me?

-你要把它放下去 -好吧
- You're gonna lower it down. - Yeah. Yeah.

-准备好了 -好了
- Get ready. - Yeah.

好的 抓稳了
All right, take the weight.

-好的 -继续
- Got it. - Go on.

继续
Go on.

很好 完美 我们先把它放在这
That's good. Perfect. We'll hold it there for now.

-你还好吗 -还好
- You good? - Yeah.

-然后你先下来 -好的
- You're gonna go down next. - Yeah.

-慢慢地踩在地上 -好的
- Nice and low to the ground. - Nice and low to the ground.

加油 威尔
Come on, Will.

我想再次重申
I should mention again

我并不擅长游泳
that I am not the world's strongest swimmer.

我可不想掉进这条河里
I do not wanna go under that water.

你已经能感受到水有多冷了
You can already feel how cold it is.

它可是从冰川上流下来的
This water's straight off the glacier.

-你以前划过皮划艇吗 -没有
- Have you kayaked before? - No.

-从来没有 -是的 这将是我第一次 从没划过
- No? Never? - No, this will be the first time. Never.

-我想让你保持在左边划桨 -左边
- What I'm gonna get you to do is stay left. - Stay left.

因为你变换划桨方向时 重心也会改变
Because as you go to change, it's gonna change your center of balance.

懂了
Got it.

旋转的棕色河水意味着
That swirling brown water means

我们将进入一股强劲的水流
we're about to enter a strong current.

它把所有沉积物都搅上来了
It's stirred up all the sediment.

我们要急流勇进
And we're gonna go for it.

-划桨 -划桨 划桨
- Paddle, paddle. - Paddle, paddle, paddle.

很好 继续划
Good. And keep paddling.

继续划桨
Keep paddling, keep paddling.

很好 干得漂亮 我们顺着水流走
Good. You did it. Let the flow take us.

很好
Good.

这是个漩涡
That's a whirlpool.

没错
Exactly.

这么小的漩涡意味着水面下就有礁石
When it's that little, it tells us there's a rock near the surface.

划起来
Give me a paddle.

看到那个V字形了吗
See that V?

这意味着水流正从两块岩石中间涌过去
It means the water's funneling through two rocks.

我们要试着直接穿过它
We're gonna try and go straight through it.

保持平衡 很好
Keep your balance. Good.

慢慢来 稳一点
And nice and slow. Nice and slow.

-这是怎么了 -我们进入了翻腾区
- What's going on? - We're in a boil.

你能看到水面在冒泡
You can see it from the surface where it's bubbling up.

我们不能从上面穿过去
We're not going over. We are not going over.

第二个浪头来了
Up and over, a second one.

在浪头上不要划桨 不然会被卷进去
Don't paddle when we've got a wave, 'cause it'll take you in.

很好
Good.

划吧 我们要碰到礁石了
Paddle, paddle. We're going into the rock.

-天哪 -没事了
- Oh, jeez. - We're good. We're good.

可以停了
Stop there.

刚才可真有点危险
Well, that one was a little hairy.

是的 确实
Yeah, yeah, it was, it was.

真险啊
That one was a little hairy.

刚才有点晃 但我们稳住了
A little bit shaky there, but we've done it.

河水透过我的手套冻住了
That water is freezing through my glove.

如果你的手实在太冷 你就这样
When your hands get really cold, you stand there and you do this

让血液流回你的手
to try and get the blood back into your hands.

非常管用
It definitely works.

-确实能感觉到一股血液涌入指尖 -是的
- You do feel a surge into your fingertips. - Yeah, yeah.

这个技巧不错
This is a good tip.

这是我在北极时学到的
That trick I've learned when I was in the Arctic.

-你在北极的时候 -是的
- So, when you were in the Arctic? - Yes.

我从没听过一个黑人这么说 你要...
All right, I just never heard a Black person say that. You're gonna...

是真的
It's true.

我曾跋涉到北极 穿越过沙漠
I've trekked to the North Pole. I've crossed deserts.

甚至还划过皮划艇横渡海洋
I've even kayaked across seas.

但无论走到哪 都会学到新的东西
But everywhere you go, you learn something new.

你的成就对我来说很有意义
Your accomplishments are so important to me.

谢了 威尔 感谢你这么说
Thanks, Will. That means a lot.

因为我很敬佩探险家
'Cause, you know, I admire explorers.

我也想成为其中一员
I wanna be in the explorer’s club.

我不必假装有虫子在我脸上
I don't have to pretend like these bugs are in my face out here.

-没这个必要对吧 -你演得不是很好
- I don't have to pretend? - You're not pretending very well.

因为我想摆个动作英雄的姿势
'Cause I'm trying to give you the action hero.

-我知道 -我想摆个...
- I know. - I'm trying to give you...

你没看见我刚才
Didn't you see me spit one out

-吐了个虫子吗 -看到了 我也得...
- a minute ago? - I know, yeah. I'm going...

我从来没有...
There's nothing...

这么享受过一件事
...I enjoy more than doing this.

头顶着蓝天 感觉很特别吧
There's something about having the sky above you, isn't it?

这样度过一生简直完美
This is like the perfect way to spend my life.

-一切事物都是新的 -是的
- Everything is new. - Yeah.

而且始终伴随着一丝恐惧
And there's a little bit of fear all the way through.

-这样很好 -始终有一丝恐惧
- That's good. That's good. - There's a little bit of fear for me

-伴随着我 -你会克服恐惧
- all the way through. - You... you get past the fear.

没错 虽然这儿有湍流 有悬崖
Yes, there's rushing water. Yes, there's cliff.

你需要动用你的一些技能
Yes, you're in a place that you, you know, you have to use some of your skills.

-我在用你的一些技能 -是啊
- I'm using some of your skills. - Yeah.

用我的一些技能来寻找方向
Using some of my skills to navigate.

你也能学会这些技能 然后下次来这里时
And you'll pick them up, and then you'll feel

就会感觉更有信心了
more confident next time you come out here.

-是的 -是吧
- Yeah. - Yeah.

那你是什么时候彻底醒悟...
So, when did you know...

你想成为一名探险家
...like full-on, you wanted to be an explorer?

我遭遇过一起重大事故
It took a big incident in my life, Will.

我差点在枪击案中丧命了
I nearly lost my life, to gun violence. And...

这个人就是要杀我
...yeah, the guy, his aim was to kill me.

他瞄准我 扣动了扳机
He pointed the gun, he pulled the trigger.

然后把枪扣回去 又开了枪
He cocked it back, he pulled the trigger again.

难以置信的是 枪两次都卡住了
Incredibly, the gun jammed both times.

我从这场意外中活了下来
I survived that incident.

但这让我开始思考
But it got me thinking.

在那一刻 我决定要让我的人生更有意义
I decided at that moment that I wanted my life to be more meaningful.

于是我走上了探险的道路
And that led me down a path of exploration.

对于德韦恩这样的探险家
For explorers like Dwayne,

恐惧可能是一团火花 刺激他们前进
fear can be the spark that spurs them on.

也可能只是他们需要克服的一个障碍
Or simply a hurdle they need to get over.

我们要去海湾
We're gonna go to the bay.

-好的 -看能不能找到蝠鲼
- Yeah. - See if we can find some mantas.

每年有几次 当一切条件都很适宜时
A few times a year, when everything aligns...

数百只蝠鲼会聚集在海湾
hundreds of mantas gather in this bay.

成群结队地进食
In massive feeding swarms.

我总想看看这一幕
It's an event I've always wanted to see.

我在水中时 会不会有点不知所措
So, when I'm in the water, can it be a bit overwhelming?

会的
Yeah, it will be.

如果它们数量太多 有时可能会打到你
If there's too many, sometimes they could hit you.

-会疼吗 -很疼
- And does that hurt? - Yeah, it hurts a lot.

好吧
Great.

保持两米距离 你就不会有事
Always keep two meters away, then you'll be fine.

它们等待这一刻很久了
They've been waiting for this moment for so long.

从船上往外游绝对是
Swimming from the boat out is definitely

最令人紧张的时刻之一
one of the most stressful moments.

那种即将面对未知的感觉
That feeling of not knowing what you're about to face.

感觉很危险
It feels dangerous.

这么狭小的空间里 有这么多动物
'Cause there are just so many animals in such a small space.

这可能真的是... 最吓人的时候
That's really when it can feel... the most scary.

这些蝠鲼的体重超过了900斤
These mantas are over 1,000 pounds.

感觉像被一辆卡车撞了
It feels like getting hit by a truck.

各种情绪涌了上来
There are all these emotions.

有恐惧
There's fear.

同时也惊叹于这些宏伟的动物的
And then there's wonder at the sheer power and beauty

纯粹力量和美丽
of these magnificent animals.

我的天
Oh, my God.

太棒了
That was amazing.

似乎恐惧是探险家所做的许多事的核心
It seems that fear is at the heart of so much of what an explorer does.

我学到的是 你需要适应恐惧
What I'm learning is that you need to work with that fear,

而不是抗拒它
not against it.

我们就把它放这儿吧
I think we'll just leave it there.

你以前攀岩过吗
Have you climbed before?

-在费城有过 -是吗
- In Philly. - Yeah?

费城的攀岩文化可盛行了
Big climbing culture in Philly.

这可能是这里最好的位置了 这儿有...
All right. Probably the best spot here, actually. That's just got...

-你觉得这是最好的位置 -目前情况下是的
- This looks like the best spot to you? - This is the best we've come to.

-你先爬吧 -我们直接上...
- I'm gonna let you go first. - Well, we'll just head...

-我在底下帮你 去吧 -天哪
- I'll help you from the bottom. Go. - Oh, jeez.

好了 这儿很好找到抓手
All right, so, you got loads of handholds here,

也很好找地方落脚 我在下面等着
loads of places to put your foot. And I'll hold it.

-好 你先等着 -没错 继续往上爬
- Oh, you're holding it there. - Yeah, yeah. Go on. Get up there.

很好
Good.

那里有个凸出的地方
There's a ledge.

-你能看到吗 -能
- Can you see it? - Yeah.

扶稳了 我马上上来
Uh, hold fire. I'm coming up.

我刚才不理解为什么让我先爬 现在懂了
Yeah, I didn't understand the me going up first, but I get it.

景色如何
How's it looking?

-还不赖 -是吗
- Not too bad. - Yeah?

还不错
Not too bad.

在这里
So...

关键的是尽量对未来做出预判
the key thing here is to know what's coming, if you can.

虫子飞进眼睛可帮不上忙
The bugs in your eyes definitely don't help.

是的
No. No, they don't.

这段河流被称为斯图拉吉尔峡谷
This stretch of river is known as Stuðlagil Canyon.

几年前才被发现的
It was only discovered a few years ago.

据我所知 从没人划皮划艇穿过过这里
And as far as I know, no one has kayaked through it.

所以 我们面对的是全新的领域
So, what comes next is new territory.

看着这条河 你能看出什么
What can you tell by looking at that river?

-看起来左边河道水速更快 -是的
- It looks like it's going faster to the left. - Yeah.

-然后似乎又回旋... -没错
- And then kinda sweeping back around... - Yeah.

减速往右边河道流去
...going slower up to the right.

因为它水速更快 好像在加速一样
Since it's going faster, I guess, it seems like it's speeding up.

-没错 -是这样
- Absolutely. - Yeah.

你看它流向右边的情形
Looking at the fact that it goes to the right,

我们最好不要走右边
I don't think we wanna go to the right.

-河道可能更浅 -好的
- It could be shallower. - Yeah.

-可能会有更多礁石 -懂了
- It could have more rocks in it. - Oh, got it.

-我们更有可能被卡住 -好的
- We're more likely to get jammed. - Yes.

-但如果水速更快... -是的
- But if the water's going faster... - Yeah, yeah.

那不是有可能还会有瀑布
...isn't there a possibility that there's another waterfall?

是的 总有这种可能
There is. There is always that possibility.

这不意味着应该走右边吗
Does that mean that we wanna go up to the right?

不 走左边
No, to the left.

你还有其他筏子吗 假如我表示反对
Do you have another boat? Like, what if I disagreed

然后我想走...
and, like, if I wanted to go...

像这样的河是有规律可循的
A river like this is predictable.

但我想 他要想自己学会这些
But I suspect the only way he'll learn this for himself

唯一的办法就是由他来掌舵
is if he takes the helm.

希望他准备好了
I hope he'll be ready for that.

要来真的了
Things are about to get real.

德韦恩让我在下一段河道负责掌舵
Dwayne is putting me in charge of navigating the next stretch of river.

但愿他买保险了
I hope he's got insurance.

-可以走了吗 走吧 -好 走吧
- We're good to go? Let's go. - All right, let's go.

-我们要一路划到尽头吧 -是的
- And we're just running all the way down, right? - Yeah.

一路顺流而下 没错
We're just gonna go all the way down. Yeah.

有点吓人
A little bit scary, yeah.

把前方的情况喊出来就行
Just shout out what you're seeing.

-往左边走 -是的
- To the left right there. - Yeah.

有个漩涡
That's a whirlpool.

来吧
Come on.

-好的 -来吧
- Okay. - Yes!

我们要试着... 保持在中心位置
So, we're gonna stay... we're gonna try to stay in the center.

又要有一个小小的V字形了
We got a little V happening up there.

是的 我们要直直地冲进去
Yeah. I guess, we're gonna take our nose right into that V.

好的 没问题
Okay, cool.

开始有点颠簸了
So, it's starting to get rough.

看起来好像有急流从右边涌向中央
It looks like there's churning coming from the right into the center.

好的 划桨吧 我们速度有点慢了
All right. Give me a little paddle, 'cause we're slowing down a little bit.

我们要跟上水速
We wanna get up to the speed of the water.

大波浪
Big wave!

有点摇晃
A little bit shaky there.

没事了 可以放松点 冷静下来
We're fine now. Just relax back there. Calm down.

-好的 -别紧张
- Okay. - Calm down.

-好好好 -好吗
- Right. Right, right, right. - Okay?

又有波浪打过来了
More waves ahead.

你希望它们从什么方向打过来
Where do we want it to hit us?

大概最好是从我们的... 一点钟方向
We probably wanna be in it that way at the... at our one o'clock.

一点钟方向
To our one o'clock.

别划桨 顺着水流
Don't paddle. Absorb it.

我们不要到浪头上去
We're not going over. We're not going over.

很好 继续前进
Good work. Keep going. Keep going.

好极了
Good work!

太精彩了
You know, that was beautiful, man.

-我们来了 我们见证了... -征服了
- We came, we saw... - Conquered.

我们征服了
...we conquered.

-我们锻炼了技能 -是的
- We've got skills. - Yeah.

这是完成遗愿清单的时刻
This is a bucket list moment.

威尔 作为第一次在白色水域划船的人 你简直太棒了
That was bloody good job, Will. For someone's first time on white water.

而且我们一次都没落水
And we came down without going for a swim.

是的 太好了
Yeah, that was... that was fantastic.

我来调整方向 好极了
Let me bring us around. Good.

这一刻值得我们干一杯
This moment deserves a toast.

再靠近点 继续向前划
Keep it in, keep it in, keep it pushing. Push it in. Push it in.

-我在向前划 -继续靠近
- I'm getting it in. - Keep going. Keep going.

-好了 应该可以了 -完美
- Yeah. That'll do it. - Perfect.

我刚到这里时 一切似乎都是不可知的
When I first got out here, everything seemed unknowable.

甚至是危险的
Dangerous even.

现在我明白了 一切皆有其内在逻辑
Now, I understand there's a logic to everything.

我从没想过自己能完成这件事 但我成功了
I never imagined myself being capable of this. But I did it.

我 一个来自西费城的讨厌水的孩子
Me, the kid from West Philly who hates water.

我们成功地一路跋涉到了海边
And we made it all the way to the ocean.

我们到了
We've arrived.

我知道成功抵达海边听起来没什么大不了的
I know it doesn't sound like a big thing, to be able to find an ocean.

但对我来说意义重大
But for me, that was big.

你没害死我
You didn't kill me.

你没害死我
You didn't kill me!

差点儿
Almost.

我现在明白顺势而为的意思了
Now, I can see what it means to go with the flow.

这句话说得真的很好
Do you know what, that's such a nice way to put it.

看看这景色
Look at this place.

这真的很了不起 对吧
I'm telling you, that was something, wasn't it?

可不是吗
Dude.

我真的很开心来这里 并活下来
I'm just happy to, like, be here, and have survived.

是啊 有几次我感觉我们要翻船了
Yeah. There were moments where I thought, "Ooh! We're going in."

但我们没有
But we didn't. We didn't!

对我来说 亲临其境 与大自然融为一体
For me, it's just coming out here and being at one with nature,

考验自己 证明自己 这就足够了
and testing myself, and proving myself.

这不是为了炫耀我有多强壮有力
And it's not about, "Look at me. Look how strong, and great, and powerful."

而是要得到启发 "我能否用这次经验
It's about, "Can I apply what I've experienced here

应对生活中其他挑战"
"to another challenge in my life?"

-没错 -对我来说 体验是最重要的
- Yeah, yeah. - For me, it's just about that experience.

当你踏上这些旅程时
You know, when you start these kinds of things,

你永远不知道自己能否到达终点
you never quite know if you're gonna get to the end.

也许你知道
I don't know, maybe you know you can get to the end.

-我相信我总能到达终点 -真的吗
- I believe I'll always get to the end. - Really?

而且对我来说 终点根本不重要
And for me, it's not even about the end.

重要的是... 我知道这听起来很俗套
It's about... it's... I know it sounds so cliché, innit,

重要的是过程
it's the journey that counts.

说真的 重要的是去经历 去体验
But honestly, for me, it's the doing it, it's the experiencing it.

去探索未知 你不会觉得此时此刻
It's about being out there. You can't tell me that this right now

是我们刚才的旅程中最精彩的部分
is the best part of the journey we've just done.

确实 说的非常对
That... now, that's very true.

而且听你说完之后...
You know what? Even now that you mention that...

到达终点甚至有点五味杂陈的
...arriving even has a little bittersweet

-感觉了 -是的 就像个令人扫兴的结局
- kind of thing. - Yeah, it's like an anticlimax.

-是的 -没错
- Yeah, yeah. - Yeah.

确实如此
That is true. That's true.

等下 那是什么
Hold on. What's that?

-能听到它飞过来了 时间正好 -不错
- You can hear it coming in. Good timing. - Hey, okay.

这对我来说是一段漫长而艰难的旅程
This has been a long, tough journey for me.

但在某种程度上 我花了52年时间
But in a way, it's taken me 52 years.

在这个旅程开始时 我的任务很简单
My mission at the start of this journey was simple.

走出我的舒适区 拥抱地球...
Get out of my comfort zone... connect with the planet...

并希望能激励其他人也迈出这一步
and hopefully, inspire others to do the same.

探险家们把我带到了地球末端 甚至更远的地方
The explorers took me to the ends of the earth and beyond.

让我看到我们的世界充满了奇迹...
Showed me that our world is full of wonders...

和我们看不到 也几乎不了解的隐藏力量
...hidden forces we can't see, and barely understand.

踏入这些未知的领域可能会让人害怕
It can be terrifying to step out into those unknowns.

但有时 你只需要让自己顺势而为
But sometimes, the only thing to do is to give yourself over to the flow.

放下你的恐惧
Let go of your fears.

因为当你真正敞开怀抱
Because when you allow yourself

与我们的星球建立纽带
to truly connect with our planet...

你会发现地球的奇迹是无穷无尽的
you realize its wonders have no end.

我喜欢这一刻
Yes, I like this part!

所以 这不过是开始
So, this is just the beginning.

威尔·史密斯 欢迎来地球
Welcome to Earth, Will Smith.

是时候去探险了
Time to explore.